Eastern seaboard shopping for equipment?

Old July 23rd 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Micheal Artindale[_2_]

Default Eastern seaboard shopping for equipment?

I live in the Canadian Maritimes.

I m looking for good places to purchase XC ski equipment. Anything in the
maritimes or in New England states? I am more concerned about selection
across the various price ranges than for the cheapest or the best.

Thanks

Micheal

Old August 3rd 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
cosmicharlie

On Jul 22, 8:37 pm, "Micheal Artindale"
wrote:
I live in the Canadian Maritimes.

I m looking for good places to purchase XC ski equipment. Anything in the
maritimes or in New England states? I am more concerned about selection
across the various price ranges than for the cheapest or the best.

Thanks

Micheal

Unfortunately, many of the people who carried good x-c gear in the
Boston metro have gone out of business. However, Eastern Mountain
Sports carries good equipment and there are stores all over. You can
also find some shops in North Conway, I believe, that have good X-C
gear.

Old August 3rd 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Melinda Shore

In article . com,
cosmicharlie wrote:
Unfortunately, many of the people who carried good x-c gear in the
Boston metro have gone out of business. However, Eastern Mountain
Sports carries good equipment and there are stores all over.

EMS carries carries touring and some telemark gear. I live
in a small town and the local shop doesn't have much in
stock. I was in the EMS in Concord, NH last fall and it was
about three times the size of any of their local stores so
maybe that's worth a shot.

I've been very impressed with the prices and gear at
nordicskater.com. Haven't been to their storefront, though.

Old August 3rd 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Berkshire Outfitters in Adams, MA is a great dedicated nordic store.

Old August 4th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

nordicskater is a bit like len johnson, better on the marketing/selling
than on the details - and particularly aware of it.

Old August 6th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Leland Yee[_2_]

Akers Ski in Andover, ME. www.akers-ski.com
Old August 7th 07, 10:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
central park rollerskier

wrote:
I live in the Canadian Maritimes.

I m looking for good places to purchase XC ski equipment. Anything in the
maritimes or in New England states? I am more concerned about selection
across the various price ranges than for the cheapest or the best.

Thanks

Micheal

What about about Fresh Air Experience in Ottawa?