looking to buy new skis

Old April 5th 04, 02:44 PM
Warner Oldenziel

Default looking to buy new skis

Hi
As my old equipment is becoming "too old" I wish to buy some new skis. I've
looked several sites of brands and saw the Dynastar Inuitiv 71, witch seem
to be good for me.
I'm a very good/excellent skier, but as I ski some days in the powder and
others on the slopes, I want a polivalent ski. But I don't mather about
stability at high speed...
Any suggestions??
thanx

Old April 5th 04, 07:17 PM
Walt

Warner Oldenziel wrote:

As my old equipment is becoming "too old" I wish to buy some new skis. I've
looked several sites of brands and saw the Dynastar Inuitiv 71, witch seem
to be good for me.
I'm a very good/excellent skier, but as I ski some days in the powder and
others on the slopes, I want a polivalent ski. But I don't mather about
stability at high speed... Any suggestions??

WTF is a polivalent ski?

--
//-Walt
//
Old April 5th 04, 09:58 PM
nielsdt

I had Rossignol Bandit X's that I liked very much, but they were difficult
in powder. I bought Rossignol Bandit B2's last weekend at Big Mountain,
Montana and was very pleased. Powder skiing (we actually had about 4 inches
of new, light stuff one day) was much easier, and when the groomed runs
turned to crud in the afternoon they handled noticeably better than my old
skis.

nielsdt

Old April 5th 04, 10:08 PM
AstroPax

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:17:02 -0400, Walt
wrote:

WTF is a polivalent ski?

Multi-purpose ~ All mountain.

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

Old April 6th 04, 08:11 AM
MoonMan

Walt wrote:
Warner Oldenziel wrote:

As my old equipment is becoming "too old" I wish to buy some new
skis. I've looked several sites of brands and saw the Dynastar
Inuitiv 71, witch seem to be good for me.
I'm a very good/excellent skier, but as I ski some days in the
powder and others on the slopes, I want a polivalent ski. But I
don't mather about stability at high speed... Any suggestions??

WTF is a polivalent ski?

One that can be attached to different numbers of skiers?

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old April 6th 04, 11:26 AM
Warner Oldenziel

that's it!

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:17:02 -0400, Walt
wrote:

WTF is a polivalent ski?

Multi-purpose ~ All mountain.

-Astro

---

Old April 6th 04, 01:45 PM
Walt

Warner Oldenziel wrote:
"AstroPax" wrote
Walt wrote:

WTF is a polivalent ski?

Multi-purpose ~ All mountain.

that's it!

Oh, you mean polyvalent, like in chemistry or vaccines. I see.

You want an all mountain ski, get an all mountain ski. There are plenty
of them out there. If you're looking at Dynastar, the SkiCross series
would probably be a better match for you than the Intuitiv series.
Check out the SkiCross 9 or 10.

--
//-Walt
//

Old April 6th 04, 06:40 PM
Walt

Warner Oldenziel wrote:

You want an all mountain ski, get an all mountain ski. There are plenty
of them out there. If you're looking at Dynastar, the SkiCross series
would probably be a better match for you than the Intuitiv series.
Check out the SkiCross 9 or 10.

that serie isn't really suiteable for off-piste skiing...

It isn't? Then I don't know what to tell you. If you want a ski that
does both on- and off-piste you're looking at an All Mountain ski.
Dynastar's All Mountain series is the SkiCross.

If you want a powder ski, get a powder ski, just don't expect it to
perform very well on hardpack. If you want a ski that does both, you're
looking at a compromise design so don't expect it to be "the best" at
either.

Anyway, don't take my word for it. At this point you should be looking
for suggestions of what to try, not a final answer. If you buy skis
based on the opinions of strangers on usenet, you'll get exactly what
you deserve.

--
//-Walt
//
Old April 7th 04, 01:23 AM
The Real Bev

MoonMan wrote:

Walt wrote:
Warner Oldenziel wrote:

As my old equipment is becoming "too old" I wish to buy some new
skis. I've looked several sites of brands and saw the Dynastar
Inuitiv 71, witch seem to be good for me.
I'm a very good/excellent skier, but as I ski some days in the
powder and others on the slopes, I want a polivalent ski. But I
don't mather about stability at high speed... Any suggestions??

WTF is a polivalent ski?

One that can be attached to different numbers of skiers?

No. One that can be attached to skiers with different numbers of feet.

--
Cheers,
Bev