Itchin'

Old December 8th 11, 03:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Itchin'

On Dec 7, 8:45*pm, Richard Henry wrote:

I don't know how much GM stock Obama owns, but the federal government
is down to about 33% ownership and may yet break even on the bailout
with GM.

How many times have we heard news reports that they've paid it back? I
have heard it 4-5 times. Only to find out that it's some kind of
manipulation of the stats like only the gubmint can do.

And it's more about public funds going to support the unions. They did
it to themselves.
Old December 8th 11, 03:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 7, 9:48*pm, down_hill wrote:

I got the 2500 suburban it is a screamer

Gas or diesel?

I now have the heavy 1/2 quad cab gmc with the 6.0. It gets along
pretty good. I eventually want to get a bigger camper and spend more
time on the road. So I'm looking at diesel for longevity and
strength.

Old December 8th 11, 05:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 8, 8:47*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 7, 8:45*pm, Richard Henry wrote:

I don't know how much GM stock Obama owns, but the federal government
is down to about 33% ownership and may yet break even on the bailout
with GM.

How many times have we heard news reports that they've paid it back? I
have heard it 4-5 times. Only to find out that it's some kind of
manipulation of the stats like only the gubmint can do.

And Baghdad Bob goes all nutcase right wing conspiracy on us.

And it's more about public funds going to support the unions. They did
it to themselves.

Holy ****. You gotta quit using vodka instead of milk on your
cornflakes.

Old December 8th 11, 05:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 8, 8:47*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 7, 8:45*pm, Richard Henry wrote:

I don't know how much GM stock Obama owns, but the federal government
is down to about 33% ownership and may yet break even on the bailout
with GM.

How many times have we heard news reports that they've paid it back? I
have heard it 4-5 times. Only to find out that it's some kind of
manipulation of the stats like only the gubmint can do.

And it's more about public funds going to support the unions. They did
it to themselves.

The original TARP money they got in 2008 was paid back in 2010,
including 7% interest, ahead of schedule. They still owe for later
fed gov loans that happened before and during the old GM bankruptcy.

When the old GM went bankrupt, the feds ended up with 61% ownership of
the new GM, but sold a big chunk of that off on NGM's IPO day netting
about $13 billion from the sale. At today's price, the remaining
government holding is worth slightly less than half of the unpaid
portion of the advances to GM.
Old December 8th 11, 05:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 8, 11:07*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Dec 8, 8:47*am, pigo wrote:

[...]

Yeah. According to a government report? Is it like the ones that call
not raising the amount you are going to spend by as much as first
proposed a spending cut?
Old December 8th 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 8, 11:14*am, pigo wrote:

Yeah. According to a government report? Is it like the ones that call
not raising the amount you are going to spend by as much as first
proposed a spending cut?

I might go with Ford. The Van was a Ford. It worked!

Old December 8th 11, 05:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 8, 8:47*am, pigo wrote:

[...]

According to the market. You know, capitalism and all that.
Old December 8th 11, 06:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 8, 11:17*am, Richard Henry wrote:

According to the market. *You know, capitalism and all that.

Ok. You know that when the gubmint spends 100m on something, and is
due to spend 110m the next year, but only spend 108, they consider
that a savings of 2 million, right?

Old December 8th 11, 06:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 12/8/11 8:49 AM, pigo wrote:
I'm looking at diesel for longevity and
strength.

Make sure they don't sell you a phony diesel - gas block "beefed up" to
stand the pressure. Those things break on the way out of the showroom.
You want a designed diesel from someone's truck line. With the cold
weather kit.
Old December 8th 11, 07:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Damn. Bat**** crazy teabagger white trash insanity.