Good News

Old April 2nd 14, 03:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Good News

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Fores...253427231.html

Can anyone explain why ALL the resorts less 3 are not enough for these assholes?
Old April 2nd 14, 03:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 2 Apr 2014 08:16:14 -0700 (PDT), pigo
wrote this crap:

http://www.as-snowboarding-ban-253427231.html

Can anyone explain why ALL the resorts less 3 are not enough for these assholes?

There should be an accordion ban also.

follow me on twitter
hashtag HeroHorvath.com
or
hashtag FieldMarshallvonHorvath.com
Old April 2nd 14, 11:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 04/02/2014 08:16 AM, pigo wrote:

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Fores...253427231.html

Can anyone explain why ALL the resorts less 3 are not enough for these assholes?

A lot of boarders don't even seem to understand the concept of "blind
spot", which makes them even more dangerous -- as dangerous as those who
do understand but just don't care.

--
Cheers, Bev
"In all recorded history there has not been one economist who has
Old April 3rd 14, 01:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 5:54:36 PM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:

A lot of boarders don't even seem to understand the concept of "blind
spot", which makes them even more dangerous -- as dangerous as those who
do understand but just don't care.

It's not so much a "blind spot" as it is "travelling backwards". A blind spot might be how they would describe it to downplay the danger to others. There is also the fact that there are only two edges for control that are extremely far apart. Skiers have 4, each pair much closer to each other as well as independent from the other pair so transition is/can be immediate.

Old April 3rd 14, 05:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 9:53:38 AM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:16:14 AM UTC-7, pigo wrote:

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Fores...253427231.html

Can anyone explain why ALL the resorts less 3 are not enough for these assholes?

The Second Coming must be near, I agree with Brain Fried Bob Thompson.

"Second Coming"? Better check with your rabbi on that.
Old April 3rd 14, 06:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
On 04/02/2014 08:16 AM, pigo wrote:

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Fores...253427231.html

Can anyone explain why ALL the resorts less 3 are not enough for
these assholes?

A lot of boarders don't even seem to understand the concept of "blind
spot", which makes them even more dangerous -- as dangerous as those
who do understand but just don't care.

Now if only skiers could come to understand that a snowboarders blind spot is
not opposite their direction of travel, but on the side they are facing away
from.

And wouldn't it be nice if they could learn not to plant their poles just
anywhere out to the side of themselves while loading the lifts, but to make sure
they only place them right next to their own skis. Or don't use them at all, and
just shuffle in with their feet like I do on skis.

The only real reason ski areas ban snowboarders is because it's an easy way to
get rid of half of the teenage boys, who are the real problem they are
complaining about.

This from a 65 yo skier/snowboarder.

Old April 3rd 14, 09:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:19:13 PM UTC-6, Bob F wrote:

Now if only skiers could come to understand that a snowboarders blind spot is
not opposite their direction of travel, but on the side they are facing away
from.

Good one. Now it's up to the skier to avoid that which can't see where it's going. And maybe they should move out of the way faster too when knuckledraggers can't stop?

And wouldn't it be nice if they could learn not to plant their poles just
anywhere out to the side of themselves while loading the lifts, but to make sure they only place them right next to their own skis. Or don't use them at all, and just shuffle in with their feet like I do on skis.

It's not a problem when you have poles. And the way to load is one big push as the chair goes by. Shufflers get in the way. Almost as much as the ghetto crowd.

The only real reason ski areas ban snowboarders is because it's an easy way to get rid of half of the teenage boys, who are the real problem they are

complaining about.

NO. It's because they are incompatible activities. Down vs. across. Fast vs slow. Vision and maneuverable capable vs NOT.

This from a 65 yo skier/snowboarder.

Yeah, we can tell.
Old April 3rd 14, 11:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Bob F wrote:

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:19:13 PM UTC-6, Bob F wrote:

Now if only skiers could come to understand that a snowboarders blind spot is
not opposite their direction of travel, but on the side they are facing away
from.

Good one. Now it's up to the skier to avoid that which can't see where it's
going. And maybe they should move out of the way faster too when
knuckledraggers can't stop?

If you had half a brain, you'd know that approaching someone from behind means
you have to consider that they can't see you. That's part of your responsibliity
if you don't want to cause accidents.

And wouldn't it be nice if they could learn not to plant their poles just
anywhere out to the side of themselves while loading the lifts, but to make
sure they only place them right next to their own skis. Or don't use them at
all, and just shuffle in with their feet like I do on skis.

It's not a problem when you have poles. And the way to load is one big push as
the chair goes by. Shufflers get in the way. Almost as much as the ghetto
crowd.

So, there's only one way, your way, to do it?? Pretty stuck in your ways, aren't
you.

I have had idiot skiers plant their poles just as you say, right between my
skis, and right in front of my snowboard. Unfortinately, they aren't the one
knocked down. They are dangerous.

You are probably one of those clowns that uses their pole to push getting off
the lift too. I've sure seen a few of those wipe out their friends.

The only real reason ski areas ban snowboarders is because it's an easy way
to get rid of half of the teenage boys, who are the real problem they are
complaining about.

NO. It's because they are incompatible activities. Down vs. across. Fast vs
slow. Vision and maneuverable capable vs NOT.

You must have HORRIBLE snowboarders in Utah! All the good riders I ride with
ride the fall line, linking turns as well as the skiers, and there are few
skiers that can keep up with some of them. I guess Washington riders must be
immensely better than you've seen. Oh, that's right, you probably haven't seen a
snowboarder in 20 years. So much for your opinion.

I ride and ski with skiers and snowboarders regularly, and we have none of the
problems you fantasize about. And we all have a great time together.

This from a 65 yo skier/snowboarder.

Yeah, we can tell.

Which says more about you than me.

You really are a bitter, angry bigoted old man. I sure hope I am never like you.

At least I can rest assured I will never see you on the slopes. I wonder who you
whine about at the golf course.

Old April 4th 14, 12:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 5:34:19 PM UTC-6, Bob F wrote:

If you had half a brain, you'd know that approaching someone from behind means
you have to consider that they can't see you. That's part of your responsibliity if you don't want to cause accidents.

Well except that for snowboreders, "behind" is really from the side.

So, there's only one way, your way, to do it?? Pretty stuck in your ways, aren't you.

That's the efficient, easiest way to do it. People can shuffle in if they want. At that point I'm already out there.

I have had idiot skiers plant their poles just as you say, right between my
skis, and right in front of my snowboard. Unfortinately, they aren't the one
knocked down. They are dangerous.

I've had them do that too. But with skis on, feet independent, and poles, it's not really a problem.

You are probably one of those clowns that uses their pole to push getting off the lift too. I've sure seen a few of those wipe out their friends.

No. I use both of them. It gets you down the hill and away from the careening masses. Especially the snowboreders who immediately throw their toys sideways so they can sit as soon as possible. It's been years since I had to deal with that though.

You must have HORRIBLE snowboarders in Utah! All the good riders I ride with
ride the fall line, linking turns as well as the skiers, and there are few
skiers that can keep up with some of them. I guess Washington riders must be
immensely better than you've seen. Oh, that's right, you probably haven't seen a snowboarder in 20 years. So much for your opinion.

Not 20. But it's been awhile. Can't keep up with???? Wow! You must know some really slow skiers.

I ride and ski with skiers and snowboarders regularly, and we have none of the problems you fantasize about. And we all have a great time together.

Apparently Alta, the legal system, and forest service disagree with you. I agree with them.

Which says more about you than me.

You really are a bitter, angry bigoted old man. I sure hope I am never like you.

forest service etc.
If I'm old, what does that make you?

At least I can rest assured I will never see you on the slopes. I wonder who you whine about at the golf course.

That's true. You've mentioned how slow you ski. So you probably won't.

Old April 4th 14, 12:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:04:09 PM UTC-6, pigo wrote:

Oh yeah, they haven't started having picnics, and playing Frisbee, and installing kids swings on the golf course yet. So no "whining" needed.

Good News Everyone [email protected] Alpine Skiing 42 November 17th 12 08:55 PM
Good News! Walt Alpine Skiing 0 June 18th 10 07:07 PM
Good News! Walt Alpine Skiing 2 October 25th 05 07:19 PM
Bad news, good news Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 16 June 27th 05 10:36 AM
© © © Good News! pigo Alpine Skiing 3 February 18th 05 01:00 PM