Greek Peak

Old February 22nd 14, 03:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Greek Peak

lal_truckee wrote:

A prime ingredient was whale sperm; I suggest you find a Sperm Whale and
source some serious ski speed.

http://www.artechski.com/2014-Swix-H...pQ#gsc.tab =0

I might guess that this stuff might contain whale sperm, if not I am
sure some Japanese company will be happy to distribute it.

The weather channel says 10 pm 31 degrees just came in from outside with
thermometer it reads 38 degrees.

Got the new swix catalog, they have a fume hood for waxing with fluorine
based waxes. It has been one of the things slowing me down from moving
into using them.
But after the swix guy did my skis with lf base wax rubbed on a fl
powder and a few brush strokes I am sold.
He said carry them to lift and put them on. I did and did one small push
to get out to loading line and I slide past the line. I was stabbing the
poles to slow down.
Old February 22nd 14, 04:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Friday, February 21, 2014 2:28:39 PM UTC-7, lal_truckee wrote:

As I understand it from my spawn's racing days, young women (possibly
even nubiles,) are the coat carriers of choice. Perhaps you might
broaden your selection criteria?

I was the coat carrier for the Austrian women one time as they trained at Brighton before a World Cup at PC. Good duty. I also drove them around as needed. Same gig I met Heidi and Pirmin Zurbriggen.

Old February 22nd 14, 02:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:53:14 -0800 (PST), "
wrote this crap:

On Friday, February 21, 2014 5:30:06 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:05:38 -0500, downhill

wrote this crap:

I bought flourinated wax and going to try and have a good run.

Waste of money that can be better spent on beer. Try turtle wax.

STOP KILLING THE SEA TURTLES!!!!!

Don't tell me what to do, dumbass.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old February 22nd 14, 10:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_6_]

On 2/21/2014 8:24 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/21/14 2:05 PM, downhill wrote:

I bought flourinated wax and going to try and have a good run.

Flouro's the right stuff for damp snow - pray for drizzle...

The California Gold Rush miners invented the first ski "waxes" for
racing, according to Hertel
http://www.hertelskiwax.com/articles.asp?id=143
They also invented ski racing, thereby establishing the need.
They were also the fastest men in the world.

A prime ingredient was whale sperm; I suggest you find a Sperm Whale and
source some serious ski speed.

Whale sperm? or Spermaceti which is not sperm?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spermaceti

Old February 23rd 14, 12:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 2/22/14 2:44 PM, VtSkier wrote:
On 2/21/2014 8:24 PM, lal_truckee wrote:

A prime ingredient was whale sperm; I suggest you find a Sperm Whale and
source some serious ski speed.

Whale sperm? or Spermaceti which is not sperm?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spermaceti

Indeed.
But I prefer the image of a gang of gold rush long board ski racers
rowing out to "milk" a sperm whale.

Old February 23rd 14, 01:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

VtSkier wrote:
Indeed.
But I prefer the image of a gang of gold rush long board ski racers
rowing out to "milk" a sperm whale.

[-;

Thought that is what interns are for?
Old February 24th 14, 04:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

lal_truckee wrote:
Flouro's the right stuff for damp snow - pray for drizzle...

I wish it was warm, and it did not freeze last night.
I think we had off the racing line what the west coasters call Sierra
cement? The skis stopped body kept moving sort of result. The snow stuck
to the skis. I took no effort to move it during side slipping but you
hit at speed and it did not work skis did not respond to way you were
directing them
I finished the first two masters runs and skied with my son for a run
at nastar. But they moved the start time up to 11:30 I got there at
12:15 as I would go off at 12:30 with my number 59. I get there and they
are waiting for me I am now the last one to go. I go get about a 1/3 of
the way down on the head wall & hit the cement and do a tumble land on
head slide a bit. Must say the helmet felt good as the load was
distributed over the whole helmet. Got up collected my skis the crew was
already taking down the gates. Shook myself off skied down nothing
really hurts.
Did a run over at nastar because had to go pick up my coat figured I
would test the legs.

I think one of the reasons I dislike powder is you can find cement
patches in areas of powder. But the race was cut down to 3 runs not 4
as planned, and several people were DNF's. But I got educated that other
people can not ski in this well and it is not safe to race on. Were GP
this trail in particular is steep and icy, not steep and slushy.
Old February 24th 14, 03:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 2/23/14 8:54 PM, downhill wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
Flouro's the right stuff for damp snow - pray for drizzle...

I wish it was warm, and it did not freeze last night.
I think we had off the racing line what the west coasters call Sierra
cement? The skis stopped body kept moving sort of result. The snow stuck
to the skis. I took no effort to move it during side slipping but you
hit at speed and it did not work skis did not respond to way you were
directing them

some days you ski the mountain;
some days the mountain skis you.

Old February 24th 14, 04:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

lal_truckee wrote:
some days you ski the mountain;
some days the mountain skis you.

feels like run over with a freight train

Greek peak down_hill Alpine Skiing 1 February 11th 12 11:56 PM
greek peak downhill Alpine Skiing 14 December 25th 10 02:16 AM
Greek Peak Ski Swap 2005 Wai Chan Snowboarding 0 October 9th 05 05:41 AM
Greek Peak Ski Swap 2005 Wai Chan Marketplace 0 October 9th 05 05:39 AM
Greek Peak Swap Shop 2005 Wai Chan Alpine Skiing 0 October 9th 05 05:38 AM