Why does this belong here?

Old March 29th 14, 02:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Why does this belong here?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/2...en-are-sexist/
Old March 29th 14, 11:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/2...en-are-sexist/

Because you insist on bringing up stupidity and stuff that does not
belong in a ski forum.

carry on a rationalize why you have to post this crap you are as much of
the problem as the loon
Old March 29th 14, 12:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_7_]

On 3/28/2014 11:52 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/2...en-are-sexist/

Just read the "agenda" of the website"

"Raw Story is a progressive news site that focuses on stories often
ignored in the mainstream media. While giving coverage to the big
stories of the day, we also bring our readers' attention to policy,
politics, legal and human rights stories that get ignored in an
infotainment culture driven solely by pageviews."

"Founded in 2004, Raw Story reaches 9 million unique readers per month
and serves more than 30 million pageviews."

I also note that they revel in the ridiculous, de-obfuscate the
outrageous and amplify the absurd.

Not a bad thing these days.
Old March 29th 14, 01:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Friday, March 28, 2014 9:52:31 PM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/2...en-are-sexist/

Because as it relates to skiing. We talk about anything we want to on the lifts. I can visualize this as a subject.

My $.02 would be that while any sane person can appreciate the real life purpose and validity of this group, in our politically correct world it is most often the male and more often than that white males, that are intruded upon through some sort of forced, lawyer activated, nonsense. So I can appreciate the "now you know how it feels" aspect.

Note: I said sane person. So we know who that leaves out. We also know it has the result of making a "men's rights group" suspicious just by association.
Old March 29th 14, 02:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:19:41 AM UTC-7, VtSkier wrote:
On 3/28/2014 11:52 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/2...en-are-sexist/

Just read the "agenda" of the website"

"Raw Story is a progressive news site that focuses on stories often

ignored in the mainstream media. While giving coverage to the big

stories of the day, we also bring our readers' attention to policy,

politics, legal and human rights stories that get ignored in an

infotainment culture driven solely by pageviews."

"Founded in 2004, Raw Story reaches 9 million unique readers per month

and serves more than 30 million pageviews."

I also note that they revel in the ridiculous, de-obfuscate the

outrageous and amplify the absurd.

Not a bad thing these days.

I came to see it as a rational version of the Onion. However, I have found it is usually better to dereference its articles by following up the embedded links to the stories it presents, since RS tends to color things from the leftie, greenie, gayie side.

- not that there's anything wrong with that -
Old March 30th 14, 03:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Or this -

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta
Old March 30th 14, 10:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:15:52 AM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:
Or this -

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta

I guess some of the guys mentioned are going to feel a little behind the curve to learn that trunky was _far_ ahead of them in this behavior.