Burton C60

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 8th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

Default Burton C60

Thought I'd also give an upgrade on my Burton C60 bindings. They are
wicked light (3.7 lbs... that might be less than one of my old Catek
FR bindings), nice and stiff, but not too stiff (didn't have any type
of calf bruising). I do freeride and freestyle on them Here is a photo
sequence of me doing a small rock drop:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/134/3...349448bd55.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/3...233de0eb3b.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/3...7a2d3c6cb3.jpg

Incidentally, I was riding with Santa:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/164/3...57434ab2eb.jpg

For freestyle, they are a little stiff, but not terribly so. I do
caveat that by saying that I'm riding size Smalls, which have a lower
highback and I've moved the straps to the lowest hole for more lateral
flex.

However, unfortunately, I broke them after about 5-6 days of riding.
Took about two weeks, but Burton just told me they are mailing me a
replacement (they apologized for the delay - the factory was closed
for a week for inventory). I still like them though and so long as
Burton keeps replacing my bindings - I'll ride them (now I always keep
a second pair nearby as a backup though).

Just as a running count - this is the third pair of Burton bindings
I've broken in the past 5 years.

'02 Missions (heelcup) - ridden 5 days, returned to store
'03 P1s (FLAD) - ridden 20 days, replaced by Burton after a week
'05 C60 (baseplate) - ridden 6 days, replaced by Burton after 3 weeks

I should mention that from 99-02 (was about 100 days) I rode a pair of
K2s without any problems, and after the Mission broke I rode a pair of
Salomon SP4 Shaped from '02-04 (about 50 days) without problems. I
only rode those Cateks for like 10 days before selling them because
they were so heavy and harsh for me (switched to Nidecker 800, which
are really damp... still a little heavy).