A real pain in the leg - suggestions?

Old March 10th 04, 01:23 PM
Marco Bombardi

Default A real pain in the leg - suggestions?

I've been doing a lot of boarding this season and suddenly my left (front)
leg really started to hurt when I go toeside. The faster I go and the more
vibration my foot needs to absorb the more it hurts. The part that hurts is
the external part of my leg near my ankle that stays covered by the boot. If
feels like because the boot is snug when I go toeside and need to contract
the muscles in that area these don't have much room to "expand" and get
squeezed by the boot making it hurt.

Has anyone had any similar problem? My front binding is at 15'. Any
suggestions?

Thanks
Marco

Old March 13th 04, 02:16 PM
Some Dude

Could be a number of things but i've had similiar pains (always in my
leading foot) and backing off on my angle has usually helped. E.G. if
you're at +15 leading foot now back it off to +5.

If its not your stance then it could be your boots, your technique,
and a number of other things..Bindings too..

But I usually start with my stance....

Hit a bunny slope and tune in some different settings and see if the
strain goes away..

It *appears* to me that the faster you could you don't really have
much more vibration on the board (well, I don't). It may be your
riding style when you're going faster? Do you ride on edges mostly or
is your board set flat when you're crusiing?

insert add'l questions here

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:23:26 -0800, "Marco Bombardi"
wrote:

I've been doing a lot of boarding this season and suddenly my left (front)
leg really started to hurt when I go toeside. The faster I go and the more
vibration my foot needs to absorb the more it hurts. The part that hurts is
the external part of my leg near my ankle that stays covered by the boot. If
feels like because the boot is snug when I go toeside and need to contract
the muscles in that area these don't have much room to "expand" and get
squeezed by the boot making it hurt.

Has anyone had any similar problem? My front binding is at 15'. Any
suggestions?

Thanks
Marco

Cheers,
-sd
http://www.zoom.sh
Old March 13th 04, 03:52 PM
Some Dude

You'll have to do some research to figure out your problem as it could
be so many..or a combination...

questions like: when did it start? what changed? and other
troubleshooting questions you could answer may help..

If you're riding down a hill- try to find a position in your bindings
that doesn't hurt. Note it and try to determine if you're leaning too
far forward or backwards- perhaps your stance is too far apart (or too
close).

There are soooooooooo many potential factors...

Best troubleshoot how/when it started to find the solution...

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:01:23 -0800, "Marco Bombardi"
wrote:

I should give it a try changing the stance as you're saying. What is the
disadvantage of backing off the angle. Based on where I feel the pain it
does make me think that lowering the angle to +5 would help but then I'm
thinking how that will affect my riding....

.. .

Old March 13th 04, 04:38 PM
Some Dude

can't recommend either way..

I'm -6 +10 goofy ---use to be -6 +21 but was experiencing too much
front leg strain with those settings..I learned those settings from
tweaking for about two runs..took 15 minutes..I recommend you do the
same until you feel tuned in. I don't ride on edges..maybe you choose
to do- so these settings may or may not work for you...

you seriously gotta get out there with a tool and just tweak and tweak
and tweak...

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:06:33 -0800, "Marco Bombardi"
wrote:

Would you recommend a stance +5 +5 or +5 0 for non ducks ?

.. .

wrote:

I should give it a try changing the stance as you're saying. What is the
disadvantage of backing off the angle. Based on where I feel the pain it
does make me think that lowering the angle to +5 would help but then I'm
thinking how that will affect my riding....

.. .