XC-wax or waxless?

Old February 21st 04, 04:55 PM
Jack Pagel

Default XC-wax or waxless?

After 28 years I finally am getting back into XC skiing. It gives me
something to do in the winter besides waiting for spring to arrive.
I have a pair of 200 Cm Blizzard waxless skis, and am considering to go
back to the wax type again. What is the pros and cons of either type?
The skis I have are used, and not sure how old they are, but can often
hear the "zip zip zip" of the kick zone on the trail. Have tried some
168 Fischer waxless, and over any small mound in the trail, the kick
zone acted as brakes, sometimes stopping me completely. So any
input/feedback would be helpful.
Thanks
Jack