Accommodation Wanted -Urgent (Europe)

Old January 2nd 05, 10:18 PM
Motorbiker

Default Accommodation Wanted -Urgent (Europe)

Accommodation Wanted -Urgent

At late notice, some friends and I have decided to get away for a Short
Break Skiing somewhere in Europe.

We need some accommodation though, what's more we want to go in three weeks
or so.

Requirements a

France/Italy/Switzerland - Preferably with reasonable Apres-Ski
Self Catering
At Least 3 Bedrooms
Close to the resort centre
Oh Yes! On a budget also.

Thanks

Piers

Old January 2nd 05, 10:40 PM
Steve Haigh

Motorbiker wrote:
Accommodation Wanted -Urgent

At late notice, some friends and I have decided to get away for a Short
Break Skiing somewhere in Europe.

We need some accommodation though, what's more we want to go in three weeks
or so.

Requirements a

France/Italy/Switzerland - Preferably with reasonable Apres-Ski
Self Catering
At Least 3 Bedrooms
Close to the resort centre
Oh Yes! On a budget also.

Well, you've narrowed it down to a whole continent, are you sure you're
not being a bit too specific?

Seriously, it's hard to offer you any specific help based on this. There
are a lot of great resorts. Your going in late Jan, it is pretty much
the quietest time of year everywhere with a very good chance of decent
snow cover in just about every resort.

My advice would be to use Google to find the Tourist Offices of a few
resorts and email them for lists of self catering apartments.

I'd rule out Switzerland if you are on a budget. Italy is probably the
cheapest country for skiing in general, but S/c in France won't break
the bank either.

If you want specific suggestions for cheap self catering try
Flaine, Val Thorens or Tignes in France. I'm sure there are others but
these are places I know to have a lot of cheap self catering and are as
close to guarenteed snow as you can get.

[note: cross posting to r.s.a removed. 'Nuff said]
Old January 2nd 05, 10:55 PM
Motorbiker

If you want specific suggestions for cheap self catering try
Flaine, Val Thorens or Tignes in France. I'm sure there are others but
these are places I know to have a lot of cheap self catering and are as
close to guarenteed snow as you can get.

[note: cross posting to r.s.a removed. 'Nuff said]

Thanks for that.

The reason I don't have to be too specific is I intend to drive to the
resort. Wife is pregnant and can't fly. She can't ski either but atleast
there is someone to prepare the coffee upon our return.

I have only skied twice before in Europe, Risoul and Soldeau. I wouldn't go
back to either!

I promised myself I wouldn't ski in Europe again but the wife put pay to
that one, suppose I could leave her at home?

Sorry, "TO Sites" ??? What is a TO site.

Having read it little bit looking more towards France and Les Deux Alps
doesn't appear too bad for our requirments.

Thanks for the inital advice, anything more is appreciated.

Piers

Old January 2nd 05, 10:56 PM
Motorbiker

That's hardly short notice. Leaving the day after tomorrow is short
notice. Have you tried the TO sites?

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Forgot to say, we also have 2 newbies with us so a cross section of runs is
essential.

Old January 2nd 05, 11:48 PM
Motorbiker

I have only skied twice before in Europe, Risoul and Soldeau. I wouldn't
go
back to either!

I promised myself I wouldn't ski in Europe again but the wife put pay to
that one, suppose I could leave her at home?

Sorry, "TO Sites" ??? What is a TO site.

"Tour operator".

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Doh! Yes, I have none let you do a 'Fly Drive'

Piers

Old January 3rd 05, 01:07 AM
John Owens

"Motorbiker" wrote in message

Doh! Yes, I have none let you do a 'Fly Drive'

Piers

Many will , try ringing !

--
John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk

Old January 3rd 05, 05:21 AM
PG

"Motorbiker" wrote in message
| Accommodation Wanted -Urgent
|
| At late notice, some friends and I have decided to get away for a
Short
| Break Skiing somewhere in Europe.

Don't leave it too late if you're thinking of France, most accommodation
there is prebooked from Feb 5th for the start of the French school hols.

Sure you can't get out here for Jan 9th? ;-) Can do you a very cheap
week in a 3-bed apartment in Bourg St Maurice then!

Pete - SNOWeSCAPE
http://bsm.alpesprovence.net