get in shape in 5 weeks? How?

Old January 8th 05, 01:36 AM
Mike Hui

Default get in shape in 5 weeks? How?

Oh no! Only 6 weeks left to Keskinada. How can I get myself in shape? Or
at least get me out of reall bad shape? Besides, my shoulders have been
bothering me.

.... Mike

Old January 10th 05, 01:22 PM
SkiFit

Mike,

Regarding your shoulder, as opposed to your fitness, I would recomend
finding a chiropractor (or massage therapist) in your area who does
Active Release Technique. I've found ART to be the quickest way to
becoming pain free. You can find a practioner and more info at
www.activerelease.com. If you in the Toronto area I can recomend
someone.

Old January 10th 05, 05:04 PM
cpella

I think you are in Ottawa, are you not, judging from previous posts.
You should
check out Tracey Montgomery for ART - www.montgomerymassage.com. I've
had various problems with my shoulder that she helped with. And she's
an athlete herself, which helps. I came back from a difficult skate-ski
race with lots of short steep hills and some upper back muscles were in
serious spasm. Fixed it right away. Rotator tendons takes alot longer
and you need to do some theraband work.
As for fitness... the fastest way to get fit is to do a few uphill
interval workouts every week - 4x4-6 minutes at 90% effort. Pink Lake
hill is pretty good for that. Easy skiing the rest of the time. Plus
some double-pole sessions. Assuming you have some aerobic base.

Old January 11th 05, 02:40 AM
Terje Henriksen

"cpella" skrev i melding
oups.com...

I think you are in Ottawa, are you not, judging from previous posts.
You should
check out Tracey Montgomery for ART - www.montgomerymassage.com. I've
had various problems with my shoulder that she helped with. And she's
an athlete herself, which helps. I came back from a difficult skate-ski
race with lots of short steep hills and some upper back muscles were in
serious spasm. Fixed it right away. Rotator tendons takes alot longer
and you need to do some theraband work.
As for fitness... the fastest way to get fit is to do a few uphill
interval workouts every week - 4x4-6 minutes at 90% effort. Pink Lake
hill is pretty good for that. Easy skiing the rest of the time. Plus
some double-pole sessions. Assuming you have some aerobic base.

As mentioned earlier, I normally start the season with hard work; 3 days
interval (4-6 1-1,5 km uphill), 1 day hard distance (8-13 km), 3 days
interval and 1 day hard distance. This will increase your shape and
capacity. Suitable for everyone, I think, those in bad shape and after an
injury or disease. But take it easy in the beginning if you are in extremely
bad shape.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Royal Gorge in decent shape revyakin Nordic Skiing 16 November 29th 04 01:00 AM
keeping skis in roof box for a couple of weeks DZN Alpine Skiing 4 February 27th 04 02:24 PM
Eight weeks Rob Bradlee Nordic Skiing 0 November 5th 03 12:45 PM
which are the lest crowded weeks in February ? J-Ph European Ski Resorts 0 October 13th 03 10:27 PM
50K Club Report 8-30-03 Jay T Cycles His Weeks Jay Tegeder Nordic Skiing 0 August 31st 03 03:27 PM