Honeymoon on French Apls...help me !

Old October 1st 04, 03:53 PM
Andrea

Default Honeymoon on French Apls...help me !

Hello.
which is the most romantic place on the French Alps ??
I ask this because next year me and my girl MARRIED.....:-)))))
We love the mountain and ski so much and we have decided to pass our
honeymoon on the French Alps..
Where we can go ?
Les trois Valles,Les Arcs,Serre Chevaliere....????
We have not been on French...we went on all italy skyresort (nearly
all)
Where can i find romantic hotels,lovely country and a lot of skirun ?

Thank you all....help me!
Andrea
Italy
Old October 1st 04, 04:04 PM
Paul Schofield

"Andrea" wrote in message
m...
Hello.
which is the most romantic place on the French Alps ??
I ask this because next year me and my girl MARRIED.....:-)))))
We love the mountain and ski so much and we have decided to pass our
honeymoon on the French Alps..
Where we can go ?
Les trois Valles,Les Arcs,Serre Chevaliere....????
We have not been on French...we went on all italy skyresort (nearly
all)
Where can i find romantic hotels,lovely country and a lot of skirun ?

Thank you all....help me!
Andrea
Italy

Congrats Andrea, have a great time.

Samoens got a great write up in the latest Ski Club magazine - haven't any
experience of it myself, but it is a traditional village and connects to the
Grand Massif ski area.

Anyone actually been there?

--
Paul Schofield

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

Old October 1st 04, 07:40 PM
Rod Jenkins

"Paul Schofield" wrote in message

Samoens got a great write up in the latest Ski Club magazine - haven't any
experience of it myself, but it is a traditional village and connects to

the
Grand Massif ski area.

Anyone actually been there?

Nice place, but the new Gondola is still not walking distance from the
village (in ski boots) and there is the danger that if the weather closes in
you can get stuck in the Samoens sector, which is not great. Les Carroz is
IMHO a better place to stay for access to the Grand Massif.

Rod

Old October 1st 04, 09:10 PM
Sue

In message , Andrea
writes
Hello.
which is the most romantic place on the French Alps ??

What are the dates of your honeymoon?
If it's early or late in the season you'll need to choose a high resort
to be sure of snow, but the lower resorts are more beautiful.

Suggestion: choose a resort that has at least one old, slow, long,
two-person chairlift in a sunny position.

--
Sue ];(
Old October 2nd 04, 07:27 AM
PG

writes
| Hello.
| which is the most romantic place on the French Alps ??
|
| What are the dates of your honeymoon?
| If it's early or late in the season you'll need to choose a high
resort
| to be sure of snow, but the lower resorts are more beautiful.
|
| Suggestion: choose a resort that has at least one old, slow, long,
| two-person chairlift in a sunny position.

And just how much skiing do you intend doing? ;o) How much is cost an
issue? As Sue says, when in the season? NIghtlife? At the right time of
the season there are some lovely lower level villages, nestling in the
trees, but they are pretty quiet at night. On the other hand for
guaranteed snow, the likes of the luxurious new development at Arc 1950,
built in 'alpine village style', could appeal to some people's idea of a
honeymoon - but not cheap. Huge domains at Paradiski (Les Arcs/La
Plagne), Espace Killy, 3 Valleys, if you really intend to cover a lot of
miles.

All depends on what you're really after.
Pete - SNOWeSCAPE
http://bsm.alpesprovence.net

Old October 2nd 04, 07:33 AM
Bob C

"Andrea" wrote in message
m...
Hello.
which is the most romantic place on the French Alps ??
I ask this because next year me and my girl MARRIED.....:-)))))
We love the mountain and ski so much and we have decided to pass our
honeymoon on the French Alps..
Where we can go ?
Les trois Valles,Les Arcs,Serre Chevaliere....????
We have not been on French...we went on all italy skyresort (nearly
all)
Where can i find romantic hotels,lovely country and a lot of skirun ?

Thank you all....help me!
Andrea
Italy

Hope you enjoy your honeymoon.
France is known for its purpose built resorts rather than beautiful ones.
You may want to think about other countries.
I would however agree that Samoens is a lovely village. I went there last
year It is low lying and you need to go out of the village to get the
gondola to the ski area. The ski area ia large one (Flaine,Grand Massif)
with runs suitable for most abilities, it is attractive countryside when the
snow is good with a spectacular cirque up the road at Sixt.This is outwith
the ski area
If you have a car the Portes de Soleil area is close by with a day covered
by your lift pass and very extensive skiing. I believe there are attractive
villages in this area but I do not know them.

Hope this helps

Bob

Old October 2nd 04, 01:23 PM
John Elgy

Sue wrote:
In message , Andrea
writes

Hello.
which is the most romantic place on the French Alps ??

What are the dates of your honeymoon?
If it's early or late in the season you'll need to choose a high resort
to be sure of snow, but the lower resorts are more beautiful.

Suggestion: choose a resort that has at least one old, slow, long,
two-person chairlift in a sunny position.

And of course just as you get to the lift you discover that the local
ski school gives you a child each to look after.

My suggestion for a romantic honeymoon in Zermatt, which, unfortuneately
is not in France. But then again I am not renouned as a romantic either.

John

Old October 2nd 04, 03:31 PM
Simon Brown

"John Elgy" wrote in message

And of course just as you get to the lift you discover that the local
ski school gives you a child each to look after.

Good practice for the future :-)
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

My suggestion for a romantic honeymoon in Zermatt, which, unfortuneately
is not in France. But then again I am not renouned as a romantic either.

Best after Easter, bit dark over Christmas / New Year.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

John

Old October 2nd 04, 11:29 PM
Andy Petersen

Hi

I have an apartment in Samoens - which we bought for our 25th wedding
anniversary - it is a proper village not a soulless ski town. Nowhere more
romantic to walk after a days post-nuptual skiing. Lots of restaurants and
shops, floodlit square and good access to Geneva airport.

Good ski bus takes you to base of ski lift, yes you may have to walk a 100
yds to catch it, but is that really so bad?

Good Luck with the wedding

Andy

Old October 12th 04, 11:08 AM
Matthias van Leeuwen

"Andrea" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m...
Hello.
which is the most romantic place on the French Alps ??
I ask this because next year me and my girl MARRIED.....:-)))))
We love the mountain and ski so much and we have decided to pass our
honeymoon on the French Alps..
Where we can go ?
Les trois Valles,Les Arcs,Serre Chevaliere....????
We have not been on French...we went on all italy skyresort (nearly
all)
Where can i find romantic hotels,lovely country and a lot of skirun ?

Thank you all....help me!
Andrea
Italy

Hi Andrea,

I would recommend to celebrate your honeymoon in the Suisse Alps or even in
Austria. The most recognized ski areas in the French alps are more or less
artificial villages without the flavour of a typical mountain village, i.e.
Les Arcs, Lac de Tignes, La Plagne, etc..

The only village I know which is really nice with a typical look and feel is
Val D'Isere and of course there some nice smaller village in the area of
Morzine, Courchevel, Touzier, etc..

French Alps are great regarding skiing like the hell, but not to celebrate a
romantic honeymoon. And not to forget, it is incredible expensive. The value
for money is sometimes very weak.

The best idea is to buy a ski atlas about the European Alps. The most common
ski resorts are included and you get a brief description with hints and
recommendations. In most cases there is also a decription of the style of
the resorts (artificial, in middle of nowhere, romantic, historical village,
etc..)

Good luck, Matthias