Please help me pick a ski (sales on the 2003 stuff)

Old August 21st 03, 12:41 PM
Richard Walsh

Default Please help me pick a ski (sales on the 2003 stuff)

erwrwe wrote in
:

(Richard Walsh) wrote in
.1.4:

170 is probably OK. My Free-Rides are 165 and my X-Screams
are 178. I'm 200lb, 6', 60yo, good shape, skiing over
50 years now.

HORVATH! Come here!

'sokay, Horvie has already poked me. I just
poke back. No problem.

RW
Old August 22nd 03, 01:55 AM
ant

I tried some Head i.SLs a month or so back, tiny things in a 155. I
usually ski midfat 160s. We'd had a wet snowfall, about shin deep, and
I took them through some never-groomed areas, a nice tree bump run and
a few groomers (which weren't groomed). They should have been
terrible: too shaped, too stiff and too short! But they were great.
Very nice little skis with all-mountain capability.
However, I ended up getting some Stockli Spirit Pros as the on-piste
compliment to my Stockli Easy Riders (fatties). The Heads didn't have
quite the tight feel of the Stocklis, and the pro deal wasn't quite as
attractive.
Still, the Heads were a nice surprise.

ant
Old August 22nd 03, 06:27 AM
BrritSki

ant wrote:

I tried some Head i.SLs a month or so back, tiny things in a 155. I
usually ski midfat 160s. We'd had a wet snowfall, about shin deep, and
I took them through some never-groomed areas, a nice tree bump run and
a few groomers (which weren't groomed). They should have been
terrible: too shaped, too stiff and too short! But they were great.
Very nice little skis with all-mountain capability.
However, I ended up getting some Stockli Spirit Pros as the on-piste
compliment to my Stockli Easy Riders (fatties). The Heads didn't have
quite the tight feel of the Stocklis, and the pro deal wasn't quite as
attractive.
Still, the Heads were a nice surprise.

Hi Ant, nice to hear some talk of snow and skiing and good to see you
back.

Strange how quiet you were during the tri-nations - must be sad not to
have the Bledisloe after all those years

Old August 23rd 03, 03:15 PM
scottabe

in article
cGhhdHBoaWw=.c846085de0a7d38e10c0ab5fe89247f7@1061 640509.cotse.net, Karl
with a K at wrote on 8/23/03 5:08 AM:

scottabe wrote:

snip
Another day, another kook killfiled.

Another day, another asshole ignores reality and ignores the truth about the
vile, criminal behavior on rsa.
You belong here. You're Kerrison's kind of people.

Old August 31st 03, 03:08 AM
ant

Default Anthea Kerrison, Ski Instructoress

Maverick wrote:
So Ant, while we get ripped in 100+ heat, what's dah snow like in Oz?

damn fine. We have been dumped upon regularly for the past few weeks. More
came wiht gales this weekend, and more is set to come. Another late season
though, starting to look like a common pattern.

ant

Old August 31st 03, 03:10 AM
ant

BrritSki wrote:

Strange how quiet you were during the tri-nations - must be sad not to
have the Bledisloe after all those years

I was down in Victoria, and they pretty well ignore rugby of all sorts down
there. It's all Aussie Rules (boring). I didn't even know the games were on
until someone mentioned them after the fact. We are just ensuring we don't
peak before the world cup, surely that's obvious? I don't know if the Kiwis
will fall for it though.

ant

Old September 2nd 03, 04:23 PM
Two Buddha

Default Anthea Kerrison, Skiing Psychopath

"ant" wrote in message ...
Maverick wrote:
So Ant, while we get ripped in 100+ heat, what's dah snow like in Oz?

damn fine. We have been dumped upon regularly for the past few weeks. More
came wiht gales this weekend, and more is set to come. Another late season
though, starting to look like a common pattern.

ant

One criminal chatting with another criminal. Check out the filth that
Maverick has posted. Then ask yourself what kind of sick, despicable,
vile asshole would chat with him.
How about a criminal like Anthea Kerrison, who created the campaign of
real life felonies on rsa?
Old September 2nd 03, 05:38 PM
pigo

Default Anthea Kerrison, Skiing Instructor (not wannabe)

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
"ant" wrote in message

Maverick wrote:

So Ant, while we get ripped in 100+ heat, what's dah snow like in

Oz?

damn fine. We have been dumped upon regularly for the past few

weeks. More
came wiht gales this weekend, and more is set to come. Another late

season
though, starting to look like a common pattern.

ant

Excellent - makes me feel a chill in the air ...
Won't be long now - paid for my pass already.

It's that perfect time of year. A few hours south to Lake Powell, still
hot, good fishing. Home now. Cool nights and not as hot days. The last
couple of months with the full body tan before the neck up-wrists down
tan.