board bag

Old November 8th 03, 09:37 PM
Sam

Default board bag

I am wondering if anyone knows of a website that has a pattern/design or
plan for a board bag. I am looking to mkae one and am looking for ideas of
what makes the perfect bag.

Old November 9th 03, 10:30 AM
Serena

I'm also wondering about a board bag. I'm 5 foot tall and most of the
wheeled board bags seem to be taller than I am. I'm travelling to the
States this January and stopping at various places before getting to
Colorado, where I hope to pick up my snowboard. I like to travel with
backpack rather than wheeled bags (very grateful that I had a backpack
when had to climb up 6 stories at a hostel in Edinburgh - don't think
I could've managed if I had a wheeled bag). But I don't think I would
be able to manage backpack + boardbag without wheels.

Help me.
Old November 9th 03, 07:18 PM
Lord Boots

"Serena" wrote in message
m...

I could've managed if I had a wheeled bag). But I don't think I would
be able to manage backpack + boardbag without wheels.

Help me.

Serena,

You really should use a board coffin / wheelie bag. I travelled to
Courchevel last year from the states, and putting all of your avi gear,
boots, helmut, snow clothes, etc, in the wheelie bag is so much easier. You
can fit about a week's worth of base layers, socks, etc, in there as well,
so your regular luggage/daypack, can hold your daily non-snow stuff. Hope
this helps.

Boots

Old November 10th 03, 06:59 AM
Serena

The problem is that most of the wheelie bags on the market are taller
than I am. It is entirely possible for me to go into one of those.
Could you suggest a good model?

m...

Old November 10th 03, 02:43 PM
Lord Boots

"Serena" wrote in message
m...
The problem is that most of the wheelie bags on the market are taller
than I am. It is entirely possible for me to go into one of those.
Could you suggest a good model?

My wheelie bag is about as tall as I am (it's a 181 Salomon, I'm 6'3"). I
really like the Salomon. I think you can get them smaller. I like the
extra space from my board length to be able to stuff more clothing, etc, in
there. Good luck.

Boots

Old November 11th 03, 02:48 AM
Serena

Thanks for all your input. I have to have backpack as well since I'll
be picking up all my gear over in the States.

Another question: The flights in and out of USA have dimension limit
of 62". How did you guys get past that, because simple arithmetic
tells me that there's no wheelie bags on the market which conforms to
such limit. Call me a nerd. I'm flying Delta (of all airlines).

And Valerie, what Burton bag is yours?

"Boardin' Fool" wrote in message ...
The Dakine Low Roller comes in 155 cm. That's the shortest one I know of.

m...

"Lord Boots" wrote in message

> [...]
m...

Old November 11th 03, 04:23 AM
Dana P

Have you looked at the Sports Tube? It is made of a hard material and
adjusts to the length of your board. I have traveled several times and
have found it to be relatively easy to get around, even when I have it
jammed with boots, clothing and other stuff. Can be carried or rolled
depending on how heavy you make it.
What works for you is the right one!

Fakie board recommendation Skitzo Snowboarding 9 May 13th 04 11:03 PM
Please help: Need old-style bindings for awesome Grateful Dead board Steve Panak Snowboarding 0 October 30th 03 11:12 PM
Board sizing... Brett Snowboarding 1 October 19th 03 11:07 PM
Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider Brett Snowboarding 11 October 7th 03 02:02 AM
weight of board on life hurts knee Baretta Snowboarding 1 August 21st 03 11:54 PM