Fischer Centrix Boots

Old March 1st 04, 05:19 PM
Eli Brown

Default Fischer Centrix Boots

Thanks everyone for demoing the new Fischer boots. It has been really
fun showing off a new and different product. For those of you who
didnt get a chance to try them I will be at Mt Van Hovenberg (Lake
Placid, NY) from Mar 6-13th for JOs and Snow Mt Ranch/Devils Thumb
Colorado from March 26-April 4th for Spring Series.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Next years boot will have a
nicer lacing system, the foot will sit approx. 5 mm closer to the
ground, and each individual boot will be 50-60 grams lighter than our
current prototypes.

Have a nice spring!

Eli Brown
Nordic Race Service Director
Fischer Sports USA
Old March 1st 04, 08:26 PM
Marsh Jones

Eli,

Any chance of a little bit narrower last - or a thermoform one? I'd
love to ski them, but the demo model I tried on was *wide*. Yes,
dangit, I fit Carbons pretty well.

thanks,

Marsh Jones
New Brighton

Old March 2nd 04, 11:11 AM
Jay Tegeder

Marsh,

The last fits me fine so let's not change that...

Jay Tegeder
"It's not how fast you go, it's how many fast people you know!" JT

Old March 2nd 04, 11:27 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

This discussion makes me realize I'm surprised top-end ski boots
aren't made in several widths. In cycling one company (Sidi) makes
there top end shoes in 3 widths, plus a women's specific model. All
aer fairly flat-footed, as this allows more variation in the insoles
the user puts in (they come with a medium-arched stock insole) Fit is
really important.

It probably wouldn't be feasible for the typcial ski shop to stock 30
or more different size boots in any particular model (10 sizes x3
widths) but it would be good if they at least existed.

JT
Old March 2nd 04, 10:30 PM
Trukweaz

I know Alpina makes a low volume and standard last race boot for skate and
classic. I have a narrow (B width) and flat foot. The low volume boot fits me
perfect.
Old January 9th 05, 08:04 PM
Paul

I have a new/used pair of Centrix skate boots which I purchased from
another skiier because they were a size to large for him. I tried to
use them today with horrible results.

These boots hurt my feet so much that I could not ski 1k. Fortunately,
I had my old salomon boots along, so I could ski the race.

Is there a break-in process, or a replacement for the high arch/insole,
or are these boots just expensive firewood? If so, I have a pair of
Centrix Skate boots size 46, worn twice, which I would gladly sell for
$210.

why hardboots? Dmitry Snowboarding 97 March 23rd 04 02:47 PM
Boots with narrow heels? AsaaraAgain Snowboarding 5 March 16th 04 06:29 AM
Salomon 9 vs Carbon Griss Nordic Skiing 9 January 6th 04 04:25 PM
History of boots Sly D. Skeez Nordic Skiing 4 October 1st 03 05:14 AM
Orthoics / SIDA inserts in XC Boots Matt Morency Nordic Skiing 3 August 24th 03 01:47 AM