Innsbruck to St Antons

Old September 13th 03, 12:23 PM
Bill

Default Innsbruck to St Antons

I have a skiing trip planned for first part of Dec. I have been told that
snow was iffy that early in the year. I was also told that there was a much
better chance of snow at St. Antons. How much trouble would it be to stay in
Innsbruck and ski at St. Antons? Or should I change my accommodations to St.
Antons. I have never been and it is new to me. Thanks for any help.

Old September 14th 03, 10:52 AM
Christoph Baeck

"Bill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ink.net...
I have a skiing trip planned for first part of Dec. I have been told that
snow was iffy that early in the year. I was also told that there was a

much
better chance of snow at St. Antons. How much trouble would it be to stay

in
Innsbruck and ski at St. Antons? Or should I change my accommodations to

St.
Antons. I have never been and it is new to me. Thanks for any help.

Innsbruck-St. Anton am Arlberg is about 100 km ("Autobahn" and
"Schnellstrasse"), depending on your driving style about 45 min to 1 h 15.
You can also go there by train, check www.oebb.at for details. I would not
recommend to stay in Innsbruck for day-to-day skiing in St. Anton.

If you want to stay in Innsbruck, go to the Stubai glacier, the Zillertal
and probably one or two days to St. Anton, depending on the snow conditions.

Christoph

Old September 15th 03, 06:13 AM
No_Ice

"Christoph Baeck" wrote in message
"Bill" ...
I have a skiing trip planned for first part of Dec. I have been told that
snow was iffy that early in the year. I was also told that there was a

much
better chance of snow at St. Antons. How much trouble would it be to stay

in
Innsbruck and ski at St. Antons?

Innsbruck-St. Anton am Arlberg is about 100 km ("Autobahn" and
"Schnellstrasse"), depending on your driving style about 45 min to 1 h 15.
You can also go there by train, check www.oebb.at for details. I would not
recommend to stay in Innsbruck for day-to-day skiing in St. Anton.

If you want to stay in Innsbruck, go to the Stubai glacier, the Zillertal
and probably one or two days to St. Anton, depending on the snow conditions.

Christoph

Agree with Christoph. There are plenty of solid accomodations in St
Anton. The drive to Innsbruck would be too painful after a solid day
of skiing. If you can slide your ski holiday by one or two weeks into
mid/late December, the chance of snow increases dramatically.