Azerbaijan Snow - Desperate Post

Old November 10th 03, 10:27 PM
Drug Buddy

Default Azerbaijan Snow - Desperate Post

Sh#t sh#t sh#t, looks like my season may be screwed. Anyone have any info on
resorts in Azerbaijan preferably nearby Baku? Can't see anything googled but
my Russian ain't what is used to be....

cheers, DB

Old November 11th 03, 09:38 AM
Barney

"Drug Buddy" wrote in message
Sh#t sh#t sh#t, looks like my season may be screwed. Anyone have any info

on
resorts in Azerbaijan preferably nearby Baku? Can't see anything googled

but
my Russian ain't what is used to be....

No idea off hand, but Iran's got some great slopes, if you don't mind
missing out on the apres-ski. The Alborz mountains in between Tehran and the
Caspian Sea are pretty huge.

Old November 11th 03, 06:42 PM
Drug Buddy

Barney wrote:
"Drug Buddy" wrote in message
Sh#t sh#t sh#t, looks like my season may be screwed. Anyone have any
info on resorts in Azerbaijan preferably nearby Baku? Can't see
anything googled but my Russian ain't what is used to be....

No idea off hand, but Iran's got some great slopes, if you don't mind
missing out on the apres-ski. The Alborz mountains in between Tehran
and the Caspian Sea are pretty huge.

Ta Barn. You actually boarded in Iran, what's it like - links?? I could
probably wangle the odd long weekend while in Baku on rotation.

cheers, DB

Old November 12th 03, 01:25 AM
DC Dean

No idea off hand, but Iran's got some great slopes, if you don't mind
missing out on the apres-ski. The Alborz mountains in between Tehran
and the Caspian Sea are pretty huge.

Ta Barn. You actually boarded in Iran, what's it like - links?? I could
probably wangle the odd long weekend while in Baku on rotation.

cheers, DB

I went skiing in Iran when I was a kid at a place in the Alborz
called Dizin (diz-een). About thirty years ago, so I guess this info's a
bit out of date.

Old November 12th 03, 09:24 AM
Barney

"Drug Buddy" wrote in message
Barney wrote:
"Drug Buddy" wrote in message
Sh#t sh#t sh#t, looks like my season may be screwed. Anyone have any
info on resorts in Azerbaijan preferably nearby Baku? Can't see
anything googled but my Russian ain't what is used to be....

No idea off hand, but Iran's got some great slopes, if you don't mind
missing out on the apres-ski. The Alborz mountains in between Tehran
and the Caspian Sea are pretty huge.

Ta Barn. You actually boarded in Iran, what's it like - links?? I could
probably wangle the odd long weekend while in Baku on rotation.

Nah, I just passed through the Alborz mountains a few years back, on me way
to India. They looked stunning, and ever since I've been wanting to head
back and catch some snow there.

The only thing to bear in mind (and I guess you should've thought of this
already, if you're off to Azerbaijan) is the cultural, religious and (in
Iran) legal differences. You can't drink, talking to women is frowned upon,
if not illegal, you have to cover up your flesh (not a problem when
boarding, obviously!) etc. It's an intersting country. There's a strong
feminist movement there, and most people are keen to talk to foreigners, if
only to practice there English, and show off their insane knowledge of
British football.

Old November 13th 03, 10:32 AM
Barney

"Drug Buddy" wrote in message
Sh#t sh#t sh#t, looks like my season may be screwed. Anyone have any info

on
resorts in Azerbaijan preferably nearby Baku? Can't see anything googled

but
my Russian ain't what is used to be....

What are you doing in Baku, anyway?

Old November 13th 03, 07:05 PM
Drug Buddy

Barney wrote:
"Drug Buddy" wrote in message
Sh#t sh#t sh#t, looks like my season may be screwed. Anyone have any
info on resorts in Azerbaijan preferably nearby Baku? Can't see
anything googled but my Russian ain't what is used to be....

What are you doing in Baku, anyway?

Work unfortuately. I'm a whore oil contractor that's just been pimped - I
still have a mental image of all agents looking like huggy bear. On the
bright side I was told today I'll have to fly to Dubai for induction courses
and stuff first - I remember reading somewhere there's a f#ck off indoor
snowdome out there - I'm off to check theboarder.co.uk.

Hope this mad storm on its way kicks off the scottish season!

DB

Old November 14th 03, 10:00 AM
Barney

"Drug Buddy" wrote in message

Hope this mad storm on its way kicks off the scottish season!

Insha'allah! The forecast is for a warm front to come in with it, but you
never know.