Other Interests

Old March 11th 04, 05:31 PM
jim farrell

Default Other Interests

bwells wrote:
However, the next time the dance company Pilobolus is in
town I challenge you to go and not be inspired.

Cheers,

Bill Wells

Pilobolus is indeed coming to town very soon. I saw a flyer at the
black forest last weekend for a show later this month. I'm going to
check them out.

Jim
Old March 11th 04, 08:09 PM
Diva

Heck, I not only LIKE opera...I SING it. I've been in several =
productions -- not big time, but professional at least in one case. Of =
course, I just started skiing, so I'm better at singing than skiing. =
=20

June
PS: It would REALLY be hard to do both at the same time.

"Primoz Jeroncic" wrote in message =
Kenneth Salzberg wrote:
=20
=20
I must say that some of us find much on Jay's list quite interesting - =

not
all theater, for instance, is interesting, but much of it is. Same =

goes
for the rest of the list. I have very catholic tastes in music even
though I only play one sort, mostly. I hope that many of my fellow =

skiers
find more than just "popular culture" of interest.

Kenneth I hope you didn't understand me wrong. I don't really like
theatre, opera and stuff like this. If you like it it's fine with
me. I'm not telling you or anyone else is any less skier if you
go to opera It's just my personal opinion about this kind of
"fun" and I try to avoid it as much as I can.=20
Personally I don't really like crowded places so I don't go to
concerts of any kind anyway. I guess only concert I would really
like to go if I could turn back time for few years was Metallica
when they were here in Ljubljana. But I missed it and I guess
I will wait for another 20 years before they come back =20

--=20
Primoz
Support - IP/VoIP Connectivity & Routing
Primoz Jeroncic tel: +386 1 562 31 40 | =20
Borovec 2 fax: +386 1 562 18 55 | 1 + 1 =3D 3
1236 Trzin | for larger values of 1
Slovenija http://flea.softnet.si/
Old March 11th 04, 08:10 PM
Diva

Well maybe if Grieg had written an opera they would.

June

"Serge" wrote in message =
m...
Primoz Jeroncic wrote in message =

I'm not telling you or anyone else is any less skier if you
go to opera =20

But off course you are less skier if you go to the opera!
They would not even let you in with your ski poles.
Old March 11th 04, 09:57 PM
Terje Henriksen

"Primoz Jeroncic" skrev i melding

Before when I was still training for real it was usually way to hard
to listen anyway Now I rather just turn everything off and listen
to that peace around me. For me it's pretty much best thing you can
get to be in middle of nowhere where's no noise from cars and city.
And where you can actually still run accross some wild animal.

If they don't run across you.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Old March 11th 04, 11:34 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

John O'Connell wrote:

I'm going to try to learn to cook well this year. Peanut butter
sandwiches should not be at the top of my food chain.

Is that what you make the family for dinner?
Old March 11th 04, 11:50 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

Said without tongue in cheek: it's usually just a matter of finding some
opera music or a singer that you like, then it all starts from there.
Opera is the soul of skiing -- no, life.

GG

Old March 11th 04, 11:53 PM
Diva

AMEN!

June

"Gene Goldenfeld" wrote in message =
Said without tongue in cheek: it's usually just a matter of finding some
opera music or a singer that you like, then it all starts from there.=20
Opera is the soul of skiing -- no, life.

GG =20

Primoz Jeroncic wrote:
=20

Old March 12th 04, 11:33 AM
Primoz Jeroncic

Serge wrote:

Primoz Jeroncic wrote in message ...

I'm not telling you or anyone else is any less skier if you
go to opera

But off course you are less skier if you go to the opera!
They would not even let you in with your ski poles.

It depends what kinda poles you bring with My old Exel Avanti
Formula wouldn't be best ones for this purpose... you can't even
hit that doorman without breaking them But if they are strong
enough it might be you will be persuasive enough for them to let
you in
Old March 12th 04, 11:36 AM
Primoz Jeroncic

Terje Henriksen wrote:

"Primoz Jeroncic" skrev i melding

Before when I was still training for real it was usually way to hard
to listen anyway Now I rather just turn everything off and listen
to that peace around me. For me it's pretty much best thing you can
get to be in middle of nowhere where's no noise from cars and city.
And where you can actually still run accross some wild animal.

If they don't run across you.

Good one But unfortunately my wife didn't bring reindeers and
mooses down here when she moved from Finland. So there's not much
chances this would happen And those boars (is this right word for
animal kinda related to pig?) are usually not around during daytime

Old March 12th 04, 12:27 PM
Jay Tegeder

I don't know if an opera written and produced by Primoz and I would be
very good... I think I'd go to the Metallica concert with Primoz
though... Maybe I appreciate more cultural things than I thought...
Does Van Halen count? How about BTO?

My favorite opera had to be the one on SCTV with the famed tenor,
Johnny Pavoratti... I used to like Gill Fishers, "Fishing Musicians"
show on SCTV too. The episode where Wendy O Williams was fishing from
the hot air baloon was pretty cool. As for polka, the only group I
ever liked were the Schmenges. Yash and Stan were fabulous musical
artists. Their salute to the music of John Williams was fantastic.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Primoz Jeroncic wrote in message ...
wrote:

language of human emotion ever, I think Primoz and Jay T. should
familiarize themselves with that language, so they can collaborate
on producing a three act opera on drugs in skiing. There's even a
(perhaps now retired?) German tenor named Peter Hoffmann who could
take on the role of the other Johann. (remember the tongue-in-cheek,

Oh I think we can try to repeat some of those mails without opera
too :P What do you think Jay?