Don't show this to your skier buddies...

Old April 13th 06, 08:59 PM

I'd be interested what young skiers and boarders say to each other these
days to see if there's any change in attitude (since I'm turning into an old
git these days!)

I'm an old skier/boarder. I ski/ride in Tahoe and it's pretty much
whatever you want to do. Although, most of the hot young rippers are on
skis these days. Once the powder is gone I ski exclusively. That will
also change..

Old April 13th 06, 09:01 PM

Switters wrote:
Apart from those on fat skis stealing our powder fields :-)

- Dave.

I just bought some Volkl Sumo skis. Got to see what all the fuss is
about with the fat skis.

Old April 15th 06, 08:04 AM

og wrote:
I'd be interested what young skiers and boarders say to each other
these days to see if there's any change in attitude (since I'm
turning into an old git these days!)

I'm an old skier/boarder. I ski/ride in Tahoe and it's pretty much
whatever you want to do. Although, most of the hot young rippers are
on skis these days. Once the powder is gone I ski exclusively. That
will also change..

I've not skied for 8 years, I'm going to try to see if I can still do it
someday!

Old April 18th 06, 11:09 AM

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:01:32 GMT, "og" allegedly
wrote:

Switters wrote:
Apart from those on fat skis stealing our powder fields :-)

I just bought some Volkl Sumo skis. Got to see what all the fuss is
about with the fat skis.

hehe, is there any form of snow sliding equipment that you don't own now?

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old April 18th 06, 01:36 PM

wrote:

Switters wrote:
Apart from those on fat skis stealing our powder fields :-)

I just bought some Volkl Sumo skis. Got to see what all the fuss is
about with the fat skis.

hehe, is there any form of snow sliding equipment that you don't own now?

- Dave.

You mean, is there anything I don't have two of?

powder board: check
freestyle board: check
twin tip skis: check
carving skis: check
powder skis: check
Nordic skate skis: check

I'm drawing the line at snow skates!

Record snow in Tahoe:

http://media.putfile.com/Gunnar-jumps-Bowers-Tower

Old April 18th 06, 01:40 PM

Squaw yesterday 4/17/06:

http://tetongravity.com/usergallerie...doubleback.jpg

Old April 18th 06, 02:10 PM

On 18 Apr 2006 06:40:19 -0700, "og" wrote:

Squaw yesterday 4/17/06:

http://tetongravity.com/usergallerie...doubleback.jpg

er, wow.
--
Champ
Old April 18th 06, 03:03 PM

On 18 Apr 2006 06:36:53 -0700, "og" wrote:

Record snow in Tahoe:

http://media.putfile.com/Gunnar-jumps-Bowers-Tower

er, nice landing, dude :-)
--
Champ
Old April 18th 06, 03:09 PM

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SACRAMENTO CA
738 PM PDT MON APR 17 2006

....PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT..

....HEAVY PRECIPITATION OVER THE WEEKEND..

AN UNUSUALLY STRONG AND COLD STORM SYSTEM MOVED ACROSS NORTHERN
CALIFORNIA OVER THE WEEKEND. RAIN BEGAN ACROSS THE NORTH COAST
EARLY SATURDAY...OVER-SPREADING THE REST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
DURING SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THE VALLEY RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW
CONTINUED THROUGH SUNDAY INTO EARLY MONDAY. WITH THE COLD AIR
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM...SNOW FELL AS LOW AS 3000 FEET.

SOME STORM TOTALS FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH EARLY MONDAY:

RAIN (AND MELTED SNOW):
SNOWFALL TOTALS:

SUGAR BOWL BASE AREA (6900 FT)......... 36 INCHES
ALPINE MEADOWS BASE AREA (6900 FT)..... 35 INCHES
KIRKWOOD BASE AREA (7800 FT)........... 32 INCHES
SIERRA TAHOE BASE AREA (7300 FT)....... 31 INCHES
BEAR VALLEY BASE AREA (7700 FT)........ 21 INCHES

***MANY UPPER SLOPES ABOVE 8500 FT RECEIVED 40-50 INCHES OF SNOW***

Old April 18th 06, 04:11 PM

On 18 Apr 2006 08:09:11 -0700, "og" wrote:

***MANY UPPER SLOPES ABOVE 8500 FT RECEIVED 40-50 INCHES OF SNOW***

fingers in ears

La la la la I can't hear you I can't hear you la la la la....
--
Champ