les ark

Old September 14th 03, 08:59 AM
steve

Default les ark

can anyone tell me how easy it is to get from geneva air port to les ark ie
is they a bus or coach tranfer avaible,
I have chance to join some friends that will be out for the first weeks ski
ing but a can only get away for 3 or 4 day and thought of gettin a easy jet
out to geneva and joining them
thanks steve

Old September 14th 03, 10:08 AM
InMyTree

Well, you won't get anywhere unless you know how to spell the name.. its Les
Arc.. now you can probably find it on a map

Old September 14th 03, 10:20 AM
PG

"PG" wrote in message

"steve" wrote in message
can anyone tell me how easy it is to get from geneva air port to les

ark ie
is they a bus or coach tranfer avaible,
I have chance to join some friends that will be out for the first

weeks ski
ing but a can only get away for 3 or 4 day and thought of gettin a

easy jet
out to geneva and joining them
thanks steve

About 3h30 transit to Bourg Saint Maurice from the Geneva coach

station
(next to airport), plus time to wherever you're staying ... Les Arcs
1600, 1800, etc. Frequency varies a lot, depending on departure date.

Check out the Gare Routière de Genève timetables at:

http://212.147.53.122/WWAWP/WWAWP.EX...Oj/TITRE/SYNC_
291768187

You can actually book on line, right through to Les Arcs, they

estimate
another 45 mins... But if you're staying in 1600 it's just 9 minutes
from Bourg SM on the funicular to the resort.

Link collapsed despite , can someone remind me how to force a url to
remain in one piece?

This is the main url: http://212.147.53.122/

Pete

Old September 14th 03, 01:05 PM
PG

"James Hart" wrote in message
Hywel Jenkins wrote:

can anyone tell me how easy it is to get from geneva air port to
les ark ie is they a bus or coach tranfer avaible,
I have chance to join some friends that will be out for the first
weeks ski ing but a can only get away for 3 or 4 day and thought

of
gettin a easy jet out to geneva and joining them

Well, you won't get anywhere unless you know how to spell the

name..
its Les Arc.. now you can probably find it on a map

Actually it's "it's" and "Les Arcs"?

Actually you are correct but it's not a question.

Interesting how pedantic we can get inter-season. Roll on December.....!

Of course there is a solution to ease the frustrations that build
between May and December, and which doesn't involve the expense of a
trip down under....

www.grasski.org ;-)

Pete

Old September 14th 03, 01:36 PM
James Hart

PG wrote:
"James Hart" wrote in message
Hywel Jenkins wrote:

can anyone tell me how easy it is to get from geneva air port to
les ark ie is they a bus or coach tranfer avaible,
I have chance to join some friends that will be out for the first
weeks ski ing but a can only get away for 3 or 4 day and thought
of gettin a easy jet out to geneva and joining them

Well, you won't get anywhere unless you know how to spell the
name.. its Les Arc.. now you can probably find it on a map

Actually it's "it's" and "Les Arcs"?

Actually you are correct but it's not a question.

Interesting how pedantic we can get inter-season. Roll on
December.....!

I start the countdown to the next ski trip the day I get back from the last,
this year I'm hoping to get an extra week in somewhere as I ran out of time
last season.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/

Old September 14th 03, 01:47 PM
pete devlin

In message , Hywel
Jenkins writes
Actually it's "it's" and "Les Arcs"?

Is that really a question? Looks more like a statement to me )
Doesn't all punctuation go inside the quotation marks?
--
Sooper Pedant
Lossiemouth RUFC http://www.lossiemouth-rufc.co.uk
Old September 15th 03, 09:00 AM
MoonMan

In , PG typed:
"James Hart" wrote in message
Hywel Jenkins wrote:

snip

Of course there is a solution to ease the frustrations that build
between May and December, and which doesn't involve the expense of a
trip down under....

www.grasski.org ;-)

or there's always Dendex

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old September 15th 03, 01:42 PM
MoonMan

In , PG typed:
"MoonMan" wrote in message
In , PG typed:
snip

No, not convinced :-) After a summer doing all disciplines from slalom
to superG on a variety of grass slopes up to 1000 metres long, if you
can show me a dry slope centre where you can do more than amble down a
slalom course for at best 200 metres at extortionate prices then,
just maybe, we'll give it a go!

Pete

Amble?

Yes we only do slalom, due to the length of the slopes, I think there is one
slope where they do GS, but I'm not sure where and any way I wouldn't, it
must wreck skis! I don't know about extortionate prices though, Training at
suffolk is about £8 for an hour and a half, summer league races are £9.00,
and national ranking races are about £15. The european and national
championships are more, but that's to pay for the prizes. (or so they say).

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk