Womens Gloves/Mittens.

Old November 13th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Octessence

Default Womens Gloves/Mittens.

Hi everyone. Back for another season, had a great time on my first trip
last weekend and can't wait for the next.

Anyway, my girlfriend has quite a low blood pressure and gets really
cold on the slopes, especially her hands. I am looking for a really good
pair of gloves/mittens for her for the next trip after seeing her suffer
last weekend. She is currently a skier but is keen to learn to snowboard
too. Any tips?

Octes
Old November 14th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Octessence wrote:
Hi everyone. Back for another season, had a great time on my first trip
last weekend and can't wait for the next.

Anyway, my girlfriend has quite a low blood pressure and gets really
cold on the slopes, especially her hands. I am looking for a really good
pair of gloves/mittens for her for the next trip after seeing her suffer
last weekend. She is currently a skier but is keen to learn to snowboard
too. Any tips?

Mittens will always keep one's hands warmer than comparable gloves.
However, for an unusually thorough review of some big-name gloves
(including dunking them in a bowl of ice water), see
http://www.slate.com/id/2136051/.

Joe Ramirez

Old November 14th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
David

wrote:

Mittens will always keep one's hands warmer than comparable gloves.
However, for an unusually thorough review of some big-name gloves
(including dunking them in a bowl of ice water), see
http://www.slate.com/id/2136051/.

Good stuff Joe, thanks!

We started wearing mittens on cold resort-boarding days. Also we take a
spare pair of gloves. And don't plan to do anymore riding on rain days.

Last year or the year before our season started with rain. Fun at
first, but got old in the afternoon, as temps dropped and our
"waterproof" gloves were soaked through.

Old November 15th 06, 07:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

David wrote:
wrote:

Mittens will always keep one's hands warmer than comparable gloves.
However, for an unusually thorough review of some big-name gloves
(including dunking them in a bowl of ice water), see
http://www.slate.com/id/2136051/.

Good stuff Joe, thanks!

We started wearing mittens on cold resort-boarding days. Also we take a
spare pair of gloves. And don't plan to do anymore riding on rain days.

Last year or the year before our season started with rain. Fun at
first, but got old in the afternoon, as temps dropped and our
"waterproof" gloves were soaked through.

That's why I like Outdoor Research shells. They are pretty darn
waterproof and have no "padding" to soak up the water. Usually water
gets in from a hole or from me putting on and taking off my mitts. At
lunch, I just take out the liners, flip them inside out and wipe them
mostly dry, stick in a fresh pair of liners and I'm good to go.
Changing liners/jackets at lunch is generally the way to go when it's
soaking wet outside.