Which is a better beginner board?

Old December 14th 04, 03:49 PM
Westman

Default Which is a better beginner board?

Which is a better beginner board:

- The Nitro Team (?399)
- Nidecker Picto (?299)
- Burton (don't know which type)
- other?

And which is a better advanced board:

- Nidecker Megalight (?599)
- Nitro Dark Horse (?799)

- Other

I know, it's very dependant on heigth, weight, style and such, but is there
some kind of consensus, maybe, pretty please?

Thanks a lot, again.

Old December 14th 04, 03:57 PM
Brian

It depends on the type of riding you'll be doing. But for a beginner I
always recommend boards on the flexy side. Nitros tend to be stiff.
Burtons tend to be more flexy.

FWIW

Brian.

Old December 14th 04, 03:58 PM
Westman

"Brian" schreef in bericht
It depends on the type of riding you'll be doing. But for a beginner I
always recommend boards on the flexy side. Nitros tend to be stiff.
Burtons tend to be more flexy.

FWIW

Thanks, any particular Burton?

Brian.

Old December 14th 04, 05:24 PM
Switters

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:58:43 GMT, "Westman"
allegedly wrote:

Thanks, any particular Burton?

One of the cheap ones, aimed at beginners.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old December 14th 04, 06:05 PM
Eric

If you're a quick learner, don't count out buying a more advanced
board. From what I've seen from this newsgroup, it will take you
longer to outgrow a stiffer board. Thus, I bought a stiff board when I
started boarding (because I'm cheap and didn't want to have to buy
another board after a season). After a few painful days, I grew
accustomed to it and was very glad I had a board that would last.

Eric

Old December 15th 04, 03:36 AM
Brian

Depends on how stiff it is... My brother in law has a Nitro that felt
almost like my Donek Wide in terms of stiffness. And no beginner belongs on
a board *that* stiff.

Also, even though Burtons are on the flexy side, lots of advanced riders
love 'em. Again, it depends on personal taste and on the type of riding one
will do.

Brian.

oups.com...

Old December 16th 04, 06:16 PM
Jay

"Westman" wrote in message
Which is a better beginner board:

- The Nitro Team (?399)
- Nidecker Picto (?299)
- Burton (don't know which type)
- other?

And which is a better advanced board:

- Nidecker Megalight (?599)
- Nitro Dark Horse (?799)

- Other

I know, it's very dependant on heigth, weight, style and such, but is
there some kind of consensus, maybe, pretty please?

Thanks a lot, again.

It's really not worth buying a new board when you're just starting. Until
you've done maybe 10 or 20 days you're going to need something pretty
flexible. There's nothing worse than fighting with something as stiff as a
plank when you can barely link turns. I know, I've been there :-)

After that it depends entirely on what you want to do and your personal
preference. Roughly speaking you want flexible for the park and powder,
stiff for high speed carving (but not everyone agrees with this). I'd really
advise you to try and pick up a second hand board, even an ex-rental one and
spend the money on a few extra days on the slopes.

Jay.