Cable tire chains and their box

Old March 26th 11, 08:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Cable tire chains and their box

When you open up that box for the first time and see the chains in
their neatly-coiled simplicity, drink it in and enjoy it because
that's the last time you'll see them in that state.
Old March 26th 11, 08:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Mar 26, 2:15*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
When you open up that box for the first time and see the chains in
their neatly-coiled simplicity, drink it in and enjoy it because
that's the last time you'll see them in that state.

When you open up that box of diapers and see their pristine
cleanliness, enjoy it, because you'll soil them soon enough.
Got any comment on your buddy Ted Waldron claiming the cops are
monitoring this newsgroup? Or on how he, like you, are so incredibly
and transparently dishonest you can't even provide the name of the SPD
officer you lied to? Or how your buddy Bob Thompson was just exposed
again as a pathetic liar?
Of course not. Contact info? Happy to discuss all of this with SPD.
How humiliating for you. Almost as humiliating as the EMERGENCY
SOCCER GAME!!!!

PS: My chains have never been out of the box. Still bungee corded in
the engine compartment. Never even opened the box.
Old March 26th 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 03/26/11 14:15, Richard Henry wrote:

When you open up that box for the first time and see the chains in
their neatly-coiled simplicity, drink it in and enjoy it because
that's the last time you'll see them in that state.

Mine have a nice black canvas bag that they will never fit into again.

--
Cheers, Bev
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old March 26th 11, 09:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mar 26, 2:58*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/26/11 14:15, Richard Henry wrote:

When you open up that box for the first time and see the chains in
their neatly-coiled simplicity, drink it in and enjoy it because
that's the last time you'll see them in that state.

Mine have a nice black canvas bag that they will never fit into again.

How inane. Two psychopaths pretending to be nice, gibbering about
crappy ski areas no one wants to ski.
Makes one wonder hwat they are trying to accomplish. Posing for
outsiders?
Old March 26th 11, 10:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:58:42 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 03/26/11 14:15, Richard Henry wrote:

When you open up that box for the first time and see the chains in
their neatly-coiled simplicity, drink it in and enjoy it because
that's the last time you'll see them in that state.

Mine have a nice black canvas bag that they will never fit into again.

So you store your chains like you store your skis.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Old March 26th 11, 10:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Mar 26, 2:58*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/26/11 14:15, Richard Henry wrote:

When you open up that box for the first time and see the chains in
their neatly-coiled simplicity, drink it in and enjoy it because
that's the last time you'll see them in that state.

Mine have a nice black canvas bag that they will never fit into again.

--
Cheers, Bev
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Friends help you move. **Real* friends help you move bodies."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *--A. Walker

Mine are now in an empty Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale 12-pack box. I
am tryint ot think of a good use for the pretty blue plastic box the
chains were removed from.
Old March 26th 11, 11:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 3/26/11 4:42 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I bought them (the exact brand and size I was thinking about buying NEW)
at a yard sale for $2.

Two notes:
1) try them on before you need them, check the fit, and make any
adjustments.
2) around here if anyone wants cable chains (unlikely) they just scan
the road and pick them up - there's one every mile all winter long.
things apparently fall off easily.
Old March 26th 11, 11:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/26/11 4:42 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I bought them (the exact brand and size I was thinking about buying
NEW) at a yard sale for $2.

Two notes:
1) try them on before you need them, check the fit, and make any
adjustments.
2) around here if anyone wants cable chains (unlikely) they just scan
the road and pick them up - there's one every mile all winter long.
things apparently fall off easily.

That's why you should drive a mile or two, then snug them up.

Old March 27th 11, 02:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

On 03/26/11 14:15, Richard Henry wrote:

When you open up that box for the first time and see the chains in
their neatly-coiled simplicity, drink it in and enjoy it because
that's the last time you'll see them in that state.

Mine have a nice black canvas bag that they will never fit into again.

So you store your chains like you store your skis.

Nah, she stores her face in a black bag as a courtesty to decent
people.
Old March 27th 11, 06:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

On 27/03/2011 00:27, lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/26/11 4:42 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I bought them (the exact brand and size I was thinking about buying NEW)
at a yard sale for $2.

Two notes:
1) try them on before you need them, check the fit, and make any
adjustments.

I did that of course, but that was when I bought them a couple of years
ago :/

When I actually needed to use them for the first time this winter it had
all gone from my ancient memory so the first one took a while and I even
had to RTFM !

Once I'd done the first one the other was easier and went on in seconds.

These are easy-on chains that you can fit without driving the car over
them. They are self-tensioning and worked brilliantly, but I only needed
to use them for about 100yds to get out of a steep drive, in Cornwall of
all places, where it never snows. Bloody global warming...