Initial 100 SR Experience

Old June 5th 05, 04:29 AM
Gary Jacobson

Default Initial 100 SR Experience

I think first impressions of a roller ski are important. In time most
anything one uses can be adjusted too, and poor technique can become
efficient. Plenty of folks love their ill fitting bikes, and many won't
change their improper ski technique because they've become used to it.
Likewise one can adjust to crummy roller skis and learn to like them. Len
Johnson includes a written insert with the 100 SR. It states why it's
important to take time to adjust to a new roller ski. That may be true, but
I think it's also true to judge a roller ski on the first outing.

That said I am totally impressed with the 100 SR based on my experience on
my first outing on them.. They feel "neutral" and natural and seem to
disappear. For bike paths that are in good shape I used to use the Marwe
610. I really liked them but sold them and just used the 125 SR for skating
because I just had too many roller skis. The 100 SR tires dampen vibration
and the ski feels "less hard" than the Marwe 610. My "return" is low and I
often skim the tire on he asphalt, as I do with a ski on snow. Just a habit
that seems to help with orientation and balance. The point is, I wonder how
that stylistic weirdness will affect the tire on the 100 SR. I'm not one to
rotate tires on roller skis real often.

If any local readers want to give these a whirl your welcome to try 'em out.
NNNIII binding.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old June 6th 05, 01:04 PM

Dear Gary: Off the topic - though I agree about the feel of the 100SRs
- are you by any chance related to Howard Jacobson of racewalking fame?
PD

Old June 6th 05, 05:45 PM
Gary Jacobson

Nope, but I'm from Buffalo where there's a high ranking woman race walker.

Race walking is very fascinating to me. Too bad my big toes don't work so
well

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

oups.com...