Muchos Thanx!

Old October 7th 03, 05:23 PM
Ginga Chris

Default Muchos Thanx!

Thanx to everyone who replied to my post about travel to Courcheval, I've
now booked a nice and cheap coach!

One other thing- better to hire snowboard/boots from home or there? What do
you reckon?

Chris

REMOVE NOSPAMEVER TO REPLY

Old October 7th 03, 07:39 PM
Ace

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:23:08 +0000 (UTC), "Ginga Chris"
wrote:

Thanx to everyone who replied to my post about travel to Courcheval, I've
now booked a nice and cheap coach!

One other thing- better to hire snowboard/boots from home or there? What do
you reckon?

Best to hire them there - you'll get more choice, possibly better
rates and certainly less luggage to haul about!

--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
Old October 7th 03, 08:14 PM
James Hart

wrote:

Thanx to everyone who replied to my post about travel to Courcheval,
I've now booked a nice and cheap coach!

One other thing- better to hire snowboard/boots from home or there?
What do you reckon?

Best to hire them there - you'll get more choice, possibly better
rates and certainly less luggage to haul about!

To put a small counter to that argument, we hired at home the first year so
we were straight out onto the slopes the first morning, no hanging around in
queues waiting. Second year some hired out there as they didn't fancy
lugging stuff around so everyone ended up hanging round anyway.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/

Old October 8th 03, 12:52 AM
pete devlin

In message , James Hart
writes
o put a small counter to that argument, we hired at home the first year
so we were straight out onto the slopes the first morning, no hanging
around in queues waiting. Second year some hired out there as they
didn't fancy lugging stuff around so everyone ended up hanging round
anyway.

This argument really gets on my tits. I have never been to a resort
where the hire shops are open after the lifts. They are open at least
one hour before and usually several. I suspect the problem is not one of
hanging around but more one of "can't be arsed getting out of bed
earlier."
--
Pete Devlin (To email - press reply, remove Garbage Sifter)
Lossiemouth RUFC http://www.lossiemouth-rufc.co.uk
Old October 8th 03, 06:29 AM
Ginga Chris

Ta very much, any idea what I'll be looking at paying for a week's
board/boots hire end Jan/start Feb? I dont need anything too complex, I'm
just a beginner on board

Chris

Old October 8th 03, 03:19 PM
Tom

Ta very much, any idea what I'll be looking at paying for a week's
board/boots hire end Jan/start Feb? I dont need anything too complex, I'm
just a beginner on board

About 60 euro for the boots and 80-120 for the board - maybe a little more
since you will be in Courchevel... take a look at www.courchevel.com and
check out the hire shops on the site. They should be able to tell you more.
IMHO if you are going to keep going with snowboarding you are better off
buying your own boots.
1. It will be cheaper in the long run
2. You can ensure that you get boots that really fit you and are therefore
more comfortable.
3. Boot technology does not change as quickly as ski/board tech so they will
'last' longer.

I had a pair of ski boots for about 7 years until I finally traded them in
last season. They were expensive at the time but given that I got about 20
weeks skiing out of them in that time I would say they were a bargain...
In that time skis have gone from long straight planks to short fat boards -
to keep up with the trend I would have been buying different skis every
year!

Old October 13th 03, 07:52 PM
Sue

In message , pete devlin

This argument really gets on my tits. I have never been to a resort
where the hire shops are open after the lifts. They are open at least
one hour before and usually several. I suspect the problem is not one
of hanging around but more one of "can't be arsed getting out of bed
earlier."

They're also open quite late in the evening. I'm not a morning person
so if possible I like to do my queueing the day I arrive. The downside
is sometimes having to take your kit back to the chalet and not play
with it until tomorrow - I hate that!
--
Sue ];(