Need some advanced Excel help

Old June 6th 11, 12:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default Need some advanced Excel help

On 06/05/2011 10:50 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 22:40:08 -0400, wrote
this crap:

I would have tried something like that. I use a spreadsheet to
create polar coordinates from metes and bounds data using
an 80 year old transit and a stadia pole. If anyone understands
what I just wrote please raise your hand.

Actually I've been drinking and I understand it. But everyone prefers
Cartesian coordinates.

I misspoke, I meant Cartesian coordinates.

We all use GPS coordinates.

When you need a lot of points on the ground to be able to
do a contour map GPS is:

1) way more accurate than you need since all
data is local and

2) way too slow, you'll be there several days
at 1/2 hour per point.

Vote for Romney.

Old June 6th 11, 01:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

VtSkier wrote:

We all use GPS coordinates.

When you need a lot of points on the ground to be able to
do a contour map GPS is:

1) way more accurate than you need since all
data is local and

2) way too slow, you'll be there several days
at 1/2 hour per point.

We have issues at times using gps to build track maps and monitor
vehicle position and collect dynamic data. At 170mph the gps scans at
5hz and that means that about 50 feet pass between each reading. A lot
of stuff can happen in fifty feet. We get more accurate maps with a
lateral accelerometer and a wheel speed indicator
Old June 6th 11, 02:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

On 06/06/2011 14:47, VtSkier wrote:

I try not to drink when I'm making a map. It could
result in a septic system being built three feet
above the ground. The client would be most unhappy.

Pierre could live with it....
Old June 6th 11, 02:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:36:11 -0400, down_hill
wrote this crap:

VtSkier wrote:

We all use GPS coordinates.

When you need a lot of points on the ground to be able to
do a contour map GPS is:

1) way more accurate than you need since all
data is local and

2) way too slow, you'll be there several days
at 1/2 hour per point.

We have issues at times using gps to build track maps and monitor
vehicle position and collect dynamic data. At 170mph the gps scans at
5hz and that means that about 50 feet pass between each reading. A lot
of stuff can happen in fifty feet. We get more accurate maps with a
lateral accelerometer and a wheel speed indicator

Have you tried slowing down? Try going only 150mph. Few vehicles go
that fast anyway.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old June 6th 11, 04:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 10:30:58 -0400, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

This reminds me of an ancient Chinese proverb that I once made up. It
goes a little something like this, "If you can't dazzle them with
brilliance, baffle them with bull****."

You didn't make that up! I'm older than you and I
heard it before you were born!

I made up all the ancient Chinese proverbs, and the new ones.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.