Anyone following this?

Old August 5th 11, 03:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Snappers was Anyone following this?

On 8/4/2011 6:40 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 10:05:14 -0400, down_hill
wrote this crap:

any one know anything about clay and race tracks?
Question for VtSkier are there any rc race tracks in VT?

I got no idea what you are talking about. But at last night's race
the race committee put up the flags in the wrong sequence. We noticed
it and watched while every boat in our class started early. We
started on time, unopposed, and sailed around the course for an easy
win. Boo-Yah!

You need a better RC. And all those other boats are entitled to
redress due to errors by the RC.

But congratulations on your win. Is it all Hunters in your class?

//Walt

Old August 5th 11, 05:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 11:39:08 -0400, Walt wrote
this crap:

I got no idea what you are talking about. But at last night's race
the race committee put up the flags in the wrong sequence. We noticed
it and watched while every boat in our class started early. We
started on time, unopposed, and sailed around the course for an easy
win. Boo-Yah!

You need a better RC. And all those other boats are entitled to
redress due to errors by the RC.

Read the rules, dude. The RC can start the boats in any sequence they
want, and they can start them at any time they want. You don't have
to go in order and you don't have to do five minute starts.

In fact, you can start two classes at once if you want. I've seen
that happen when there's only a few boats in those classes. We used
to have a nice Tartan Ten fleet and they started, at times, with the
PHRF B class.

But congratulations on your win. Is it all Hunters in your class?

Thanks. No, there's several in the fleet but none in our class.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old August 5th 11, 05:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 8/5/2011 1:00 PM, wrote:
Walt wrote this crap:

I got no idea what you are talking about. But at last night's race
the race committee put up the flags in the wrong sequence. We noticed
it and watched while every boat in our class started early. We
started on time, unopposed, and sailed around the course for an easy
win. Boo-Yah!

You need a better RC. And all those other boats are entitled to
redress due to errors by the RC.

Read the rules, dude. The RC can start the boats in any sequence they
want, and they can start them at any time they want. You don't have
to go in order and you don't have to do five minute starts.

If you're going to deviate from Rule 26, you have to put it in the
sailing instructions (for instance, we usually use Appendix S).
Otherwise it's 5 min starts with the Class flag at 5, P/I/Z/Black flag,
at 4, P/I/Z/Black flag down at 1 and Class flag down at 0.

If they deviated from rule 26 and didn't state it in the SI, they open
themselves up for a redress claim.

So, what did they do to "put up the flags in the wrong sequence"?

In fact, you can start two classes at once if you want. I've seen
that happen when there's only a few boats in those classes. We used
to have a nice Tartan Ten fleet and they started, at times, with the
PHRF B class.

Yep.

Oh, and speaking of Snappers, is that place still there? We used to go
there for beers after racing, but I've gotten out of the leadmine racing
habit.

//Walt
Old August 5th 11, 07:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:19:58 -0400, Walt wrote
this crap:

On 8/5/2011 1:00 PM, wrote:
Walt wrote this crap:

[...]

I guess I didn't make it clear. (I didn't think anyone knew the
starts anyway.) The individual starting class sequences were correct,
but the classes were out of order. The classes usually start PHRF C
then B then C then Jam C then B then A. This time they started JAM A
before B. Somebody just got the two flags wrong.

The funny part is that since we started correctly, they couldn't do a
general recall. If we would have started with the other boats, they
could have done a recall or just counted that as the start.

Old August 5th 11, 08:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 8/5/2011 3:58 PM, wrote this crap:
Walt wrote this crap:
On 8/5/2011 1:00 PM,
wrote this crap:
Walt wrote this crap:

So, what did they do to "put up the flags in the wrong sequence"?

I guess I didn't make it clear. (I didn't think anyone knew the
starts anyway.) The individual starting class sequences were correct,
but the classes were out of order. The classes usually start PHRF C
then B then C then Jam C then B then A. This time they started JAM A
before B. Somebody just got the two flags wrong.

Interesting.

The last time I raced leadmines (about three weeks ago) the RC had the
wrong class flag up - the class flag was for the NM's and we were in the
J class. I said to the skipper "this isn't our start, it's the wrong
class flag." And the skipper said to me "There aren't any NMs in sight,
so we're starting." At that point I just shut up and went back to doing
my job. We started, so did all the other J boats, and the race counted.

I'll bet your RC received an earful when the other boats realized they
had the wrong start.

Oh, and speaking of Snappers, is that place still there? We used to go
there for beers after racing, but I've gotten out of the leadmine racing
habit.

So, is Snapper's still in business?

//Walt
Old August 6th 11, 12:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:48:39 -0400, Walt wrote
this crap:

So, what did they do to "put up the flags in the wrong sequence"?

I guess I didn't make it clear. (I didn't think anyone knew the
starts anyway.) The individual starting class sequences were correct,
but the classes were out of order. The classes usually start PHRF C
then B then C then Jam C then B then A. This time they started JAM A
before B. Somebody just got the two flags wrong.

Interesting.

The last time I raced leadmines (about three weeks ago) the RC had the
wrong class flag up - the class flag was for the NM's and we were in the
J class. I said to the skipper "this isn't our start, it's the wrong
class flag." And the skipper said to me "There aren't any NMs in sight,
so we're starting." At that point I just shut up and went back to doing
my job. We started, so did all the other J boats, and the race counted.

If everybody starts the same, the RC will count the race. If your
skipper went back, and all the others started, the RC would have had
to DQ all the other boats. That's what happened to us.

I'll bet your RC received an earful when the other boats realized they
had the wrong start.

Not my problem. Besides, the rules are clear. The class flag is put
up five minutes before the start. You have to watch the flags. You
start when your flag goes down.

Oh, and speaking of Snappers, is that place still there? We used to go
there for beers after racing, but I've gotten out of the leadmine racing
habit.

So, is Snapper's still in business?

What is it? I never heard of it and I've been racing for 30 years.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.

Old August 6th 11, 02:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 22:16:25 -0400, Walt wrote
this crap:

So, is Snapper's still in business?

What is it? I never heard of it and I've been racing for 30 years.

It's Trapperz, on South Otter Creek in La Salle. Right on the Hillbilly
Highway.

http://www.trapperztavern.com/

Surprised you haven't heard of it.

I never heard it called, "Snappers." It's still there. I've never
been there. It looks like a redneck biker bar. We have a much better
bar inside our yacht club, and the drinks are cheaper. A much nicer
place to go is the Stadium Club right next to Monroe Boat Club, or
right at TBM is the Sandbar.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.

Old August 12th 11, 10:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

VtSkier wrote:

any one know anything about clay and race tracks?
Question for VtSkier are there any rc race tracks in VT?

rc is "radio control(ed)"?
I'm not aware of any though who knows?

Yes Radio controlled

I have been packing & pounding & rolling clay for a week into the shape
of a race track, should be ready for tomorrow.

I got off I-89 last night coming home from Maine
into Candia, south of Manchester looking for supper.
What I found were TONS of old cars. Seems like there
was and old car meet/rally/show in a little nothing
town (we never found food until we reached Hookset).

Every one thinks their car is worth 100g.