Anyone following this?

Old July 12th 11, 12:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Anyone following this?

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:58:55 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

science major
squid is flash frozen and shipped to your local freezer....

like a rubber o-ring if not cooked enough

Or IF cooked enough. Or too much.

Now ya spoilt it. I was having so much fun.

The only good seafood is scallops.

You don't like tuna? or shrimp? The best seafood is Lake Erie yellow
perch, especially if ya caught it yourself. (It's about $16 a pound
in the supermarket, if you can get it.)

A friend just gave me a sample of pickled herring. I think I've eaten
something that nasty before, but my mind probably blanked it out. I had
to throw the uneaten bit into the garbage OUTSIDE -- no way was I going
to share quarters with something like that.

I love pickled herring. Smoked herring is great with beer.

Now you told him. But you didn't bust my fun. He said it tasted like
chicken. BTW, in New Orleans we had fresh squid, not frozen. Did you
know every part was edible? Even the eyes, brains, tentacles etc. The
only things not eaten is the beak and the ink dispenser. Everything
goes into the fryer, even the ink. Goes good with beer.

Todai (All-you-can-eat Japanese stuff. Are they still around?) had cold
cooked baby octopi. They looked like little flowers with their
curled-up tentacles. I ate one just to say I did. No need to eat
another.

I make the best jambalaya. I start with shrimp and I add in ham and
sausage. I use pizza sauce instead of tomato sauce. I add chipotle
sauce to make it extra spicy. When you live on the coast, like me,
you get all the best seafood.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old July 12th 11, 12:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 07/11/2011 11:58 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 07/11/11 20:17, wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:40:39 -0400, down_hill
wrote this crap:

wrote:
I am laughing my ass off at you-know-who. He claims this fantasy
dream trip but the story is so full of holes.

Now my favorite part is his trying calamari in the restaurant. He
doesn't know what it is, he doesn't know it's Italian, and he doesn't
know what it tastes like.

He's in for a big sup rise. He'll look it up, maybe check the
history. Then he'll have to make a lot of phone calls to find out
what it tastes like. Then he'll say he knew the whole time.

Here's another newsflash, you don't sit in a restaurant in the
mountains and order calamari. You don't know how fresh it's going to
be.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
science major
squid is flash frozen and shipped to your local freezer....

like a rubber o-ring if not cooked enough

Or IF cooked enough. Or too much. The only good seafood is scallops.

A friend just gave me a sample of pickled herring. I think I've eaten
something that nasty before, but my mind probably blanked it out. I had
to throw the uneaten bit into the garbage OUTSIDE -- no way was I going
to share quarters with something like that.

He's still my friend, but I don't trust his food opinions any more.

Now you told him. But you didn't bust my fun. He said it tasted like
chicken. BTW, in New Orleans we had fresh squid, not frozen. Did you
know every part was edible? Even the eyes, brains, tentacles etc. The
only things not eaten is the beak and the ink dispenser. Everything
goes into the fryer, even the ink. Goes good with beer.

Todai (All-you-can-eat Japanese stuff. Are they still around?) had cold
cooked baby octopi. They looked like little flowers with their curled-up
tentacles. I ate one just to say I did. No need to eat another.

Ah, seafood.
Love those insect-looking thingys called lobsters.
Even though I grew up inland (mountains) I came from
good seafaring stock. My dad was from Nova Scotia and
the trip home (to Nova Scotia) every summer was a
feeding frenzy of seafood while driving along the
Maine, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia coast.

And Bev,
If you haven't tried pickled herring in sour cream
(called Salomon Gundy in Nova Scotia) you haven't lived.
Although I like squid, I never ate it until a friend
who had a wife from the Philippines served it. It was
not served calamari style and the way she served it,
it tasted like lobster, but chewy.
Old July 12th 11, 12:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

wrote this crap:

[...]

Coast?
Detroit?
Coast?
Shirley you jest.
The only seafood you see that isn't frozen are those
yellow perch, which we used to catch around here by
the mop pail full.
Old July 12th 11, 01:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:40:33 -0400, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

[...]

You never heard of the Great Lakes? We live on the North Coast.
Detroit is a huge shipping port. And it has a well known fishing
industry.

The only seafood you see that isn't frozen are those
yellow perch, which we used to catch around here by
the mop pail full.

We still do. But in ten years the fishing industry may be wiped out
by Asian Carp.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old July 12th 11, 01:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:36:37 -0400, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

If you haven't tried pickled herring in sour cream
(called Salomon Gundy in Nova Scotia) you haven't lived.

I was trying to remember what that sauce was. Did you get it with the
pepper and onions in it?

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old July 12th 11, 02:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

wrote this crap:

wrote:
I am laughing my ass off at you-know-who. He claims this fantasy
dream trip but the story is so full of holes.

Now my favorite part is his trying calamari in the restaurant. He
doesn't know what it is, he doesn't know it's Italian, and he
doesn't know what it tastes like.

He's in for a big sup rise. He'll look it up, maybe check the
history. Then he'll have to make a lot of phone calls to find out
what it tastes like. Then he'll say he knew the whole time.

Here's another newsflash, you don't sit in a restaurant in the
mountains and order calamari. You don't know how fresh it's going
to be.

It usually comes frozen in my experience.

science major
squid is flash frozen and shipped to your local freezer....

like a rubber o-ring if not cooked enough

And tender and delicious if it is.

[...]

I origionally had pickled herring at a place called "The English Tea Room" in
Boston back in the 70's. Yummy!! Had some at a party last Sat. without the sour
cream. I was just about the only one eating it, had about 10 pieces on crackers.
Good stuff.

Although I like squid, I never ate it until a friend
who had a wife from the Philippines served it. It was
not served calamari style and the way she served it,
it tasted like lobster, but chewy.

If it's cooked right, it melts in your mouth.