No skiing today

Old June 21st 11, 01:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default No skiing today

On 6/20/2011 5:34 PM, wrote this crap:
The Real Bev wrote this crap:
On 06/19/11 18:58,
wrote this crap:
wrote this crap:

Sounds like your sister is in charge.

Nonsense. I do what I want.

Then how do you explain your butchered rosebushes? You WANT your sister
to trim your rosebushes her way instead of yours?

Good question. Here's the answer. She paid for the gardeners. She
wanted my yard to look good and didn't care what I wanted and she
didn't care what it cost.

Ok. So your sister is in charge of your yard. She pays, so she gets to
call the shots.

Hope you enjoy the crew cut on your rosebushes.

//Walt
Old June 21st 11, 01:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:09:22 -0400, Walt wrote
this crap:

Then how do you explain your butchered rosebushes? You WANT your sister
to trim your rosebushes her way instead of yours?

Good question. Here's the answer. She paid for the gardeners. She
wanted my yard to look good and didn't care what I wanted and she
didn't care what it cost.

Ok. So your sister is in charge of your yard. She pays, so she gets to
call the shots.

Hope you enjoy the crew cut on your rosebushes.

It would have been rude of me to say, "GET THESE ****ING GARDENERS OFF
MY PROPERTY AND DON'T EVER COME BACK HERE, DUMBASS."

This reminds me of an ancient Chinese proverb that I once made up. It
goes a little something like this, "Don't kick a gift horse in the
mouth."

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old June 21st 11, 04:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 06/20/11 18:56, wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:09:22 -0400, wrote
this crap:

Then how do you explain your butchered rosebushes? You WANT your sister
to trim your rosebushes her way instead of yours?

Good question. Here's the answer. She paid for the gardeners. She
wanted my yard to look good and didn't care what I wanted and she
didn't care what it cost.

So you WANTED your sister to take charge of your yard. OK.

Ok. So your sister is in charge of your yard. She pays, so she gets to
call the shots.

Hope you enjoy the crew cut on your rosebushes.

It would have been rude of me to say, "GET THESE ****ING GARDENERS OFF
MY PROPERTY AND DON'T EVER COME BACK HERE, DUMBASS."

This reminds me of an ancient Chinese proverb that I once made up. It
goes a little something like this, "Don't kick a gift horse in the
mouth."

Sensible. OTOH, pruning rosebushes isn't brain surgery. They SHOULD be
cut back to big stems in January, at least that's the way they do it
around here, and when the flowers die you cut back to a reasonable-size
stem just above a leaf that points the direction you want the new growth
to grow. Roses are easy -- all they want is water and sun.

Sun Tzu said a lot of smart stuff.

--
Cheers, Bev
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^
Old June 21st 11, 05:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jun 21, 9:54*am, The Real Bev wrote:
On 06/20/11 18:56, wrote:

[...]

I just trimmed my big backyard and medium-sized sideyard rose bushes
last week. I cut out the dead wood first, then thinned out the
crossing branches, favoring those that showed new growth. I wanted to
cut back more, but the big bush has some fresh blossoms up over my
head.

Old June 21st 11, 05:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 6/21/2011 12:54 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

Sensible. OTOH, pruning rosebushes isn't brain surgery.

Right.

Brains are soft and squishy while rosebushes have all those thorns. You
don't even need gardening gloves to do brain surgery.

//Walt
Old June 21st 11, 07:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:54:45 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

So you WANTED your sister to take charge of your yard. OK.

No. I did not. But it would have been rude to kick her off my
property. She was trying to do what she thought was right.

It would have been rude of me to say, "GET THESE ****ING GARDENERS OFF
MY PROPERTY AND DON'T EVER COME BACK HERE, DUMBASS."

This reminds me of an ancient Chinese proverb that I once made up. It
goes a little something like this, "Don't kick a gift horse in the
mouth."

Sensible. OTOH, pruning rosebushes isn't brain surgery. They SHOULD be
cut back to big stems in January, at least that's the way they do it

Bull. You should never trim rosebushes. Rosebushes are natures
barbed wire. You should have them around the houses, especially under
the windows. Plant them around the perimeter to keep away unwanted
guests, especially dogs and cats. (Cats hate rosebushes.)

around here, and when the flowers die you cut back to a reasonable-size
stem just above a leaf that points the direction you want the new growth
to grow. Roses are easy -- all they want is water and sun.

Around here they like the snow, too.

Sun Tzu said a lot of smart stuff.

I didn't know you read Sun Tzu. Sun Tzu is strictly for military
personnel.

Old June 21st 11, 10:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jun 21, 12:09*pm, wrote:

Bull. *You should never trim rosebushes. *Rosebushes are natures
barbed wire. *You should have them around the houses, especially under
the windows. *Plant them around the perimeter to keep away unwanted
guests, especially dogs and cats. *

I have bougainvillea and oleander along both sides of the driveway. I
trim them just enough to keep the passageway open.
Old June 22nd 11, 02:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Jun 21, 3:09*pm, wrote:

I didn't know you read Sun Tzu. *Sun Tzu is strictly for military
personnel.

Did Clausewitz have any gardening tips?

Dave

Old June 22nd 11, 03:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

*wrote this crap:

Sounds like your sister is in charge.

Nonsense. *I do what I want.

Then how do you explain your butchered rosebushes? *You WANT your sister
to trim your rosebushes her way instead of yours?

Good question. *Here's the answer. *She paid for the gardeners. *She
wanted my yard to look good and didn't care what I wanted and she
didn't care what it cost.

Ok. *So your sister is in charge of your yard. *She pays, so she gets to
call the shots.

You dumb****s simply don't understand Horvath code. Being Bohunk
white trash, Horvie has predictably had a thing going with his sister
his entire life. "Rosebush" is code for man bush. Horvie's sister
just got tired of Bohunk hair all over her man and had him manscaped.
Why am I not surprised?

spring skiing today D. Alpine Skiing 0 April 17th 08 07:44 PM
Horseshoe XC good skiing today [email protected] Nordic Skiing 0 December 8th 05 06:29 PM
Storm Skiing Alta, Today, 02-29-04 AstroPax Alpine Skiing (moderated) 0 February 29th 04 09:59 PM
skiing today lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 1 November 30th 03 05:04 AM
skiing today lal_truckee Alpine Skiing (moderated) 1 November 30th 03 05:04 AM