An awesome ski day

Old January 27th 06, 05:28 AM

Default An awesome ski day

Nothing much to report, except that I had an awesome day skiing at
Winter Park last Sunday.

Thanks to a variety of illnesses and injuries, it was only my second
ski day this season.

I skied with a friend who happens to have a history as both a ski
instructor and a racer. I don't know why I haven't done this more
often. I had a blast, skied my ass off, and got some great mogul tips.
Actrually, though, I think just watching her form all day made a
difference in my skiing. So smooth, so effortless -- I watch her ski
and think, "Yeah, that's what skiing should be."

By the last run of our day (the 9th run, at 11:45), I actually linked
turns down a good chunk of a mogul run. My friend complemented me, and
I said, "Yeah, but this is a pretty mellow run, isn't it?" It turned
out to be the Drunken Frenchman. Not the hardest mogul run ever, but
not the easiest, either.

Granted, the conditions lately make it easy to ski well, even on
moguls.

I hope to demo some 153cm One Luvs this weekend to replace my 160cm
generic pieces of ... stuff. I'm trying to throw out my old "longer
must be better" attitude once and for all!

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old January 28th 06, 04:02 AM

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
[...]

Sweet! I love days like that. I just had one last Saturday. It's when
everything fits together perfectly that we know why we ski!

Martha

Old January 28th 06, 07:04 PM

On 2006-01-28, Black Metal Martha penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Sweet! I love days like that. I just had one last Saturday. It's
when everything fits together perfectly that we know why we ski!

So true.

I wasn't able to demo the One Luvs today; the only ones they had were
way too short. I'm going to call again this evening. My husband says
I should just go ahead and buy them, as I'm already so emotionally
invested in them, but I'd hate to spend the money on a new pair of
skis only to find they're no better than my old ones.

--
monique
Longmont, CO