Jag X type advert

Old February 17th 05, 08:59 PM
Bill Seddon

Default Jag X type advert

Anyone know which lift is being used in the ad for the X Type on TV?
Looks a little like the top of the Col Du Palet in Tignes when they get
off the chair.

Bill
Old February 17th 05, 09:29 PM
paul

"Bill Seddon" wrote in message
Anyone know which lift is being used in the ad for the X Type on TV?
Looks a little like the top of the Col Du Palet in Tignes when they get
off the chair.

Bill

No, just had a look and the top is totally different. the top of the Col Du
Palet is just a simple pylon/pully thing
Also the lift on the advert goes through trees.... no trees on the Col Du
Palet lift like that.

check out the ad here
http://www.visit4info.com/static/adv...age=advertiser
_pages/JaguarX-Type.cfm

Cheers
Paul

Old February 17th 05, 09:56 PM
Bill Seddon

paul wrote:
"Bill Seddon" wrote in message

Anyone know which lift is being used in the ad for the X Type on TV?
Looks a little like the top of the Col Du Palet in Tignes when they get
off the chair.

Bill

No, just had a look and the top is totally different. the top of the Col Du
Palet is just a simple pylon/pully thing
Also the lift on the advert goes through trees.... no trees on the Col Du
Palet lift like that.

check out the ad here
http://www.visit4info.com/static/adv...age=advertiser
_pages/JaguarX-Type.cfm

Cheers
Paul

Paul

Nice link. I realise now the Palet lift is a drag, I meant the chair
before it, but it's clearly not that one either. My memory must be as
going!

I just wish it said where it was made,

Bill
Old February 17th 05, 10:49 PM
VisionSet

"Bill Seddon" wrote in message
Anyone know which lift is being used in the ad for the X Type on TV?
Looks a little like the top of the Col Du Palet in Tignes when they get
off the chair.

Still not quite sure, but doesn't her ski detatch from the front of the
binding, rotate 90 degrees and should enter shovel first, but then is
miraculously planted tail first.

Yes I know I am sad.

--
Mike W

Old February 18th 05, 10:09 PM
Dave Box

What I want to see is what happens when they get off the chairlift,
exciting mono maybe !

Old February 21st 05, 12:29 PM
Steve Pardoe

"Dave Box" wrote in message
m...
What I want to see is what happens when they get off the chairlift,
exciting mono maybe !

They don't quite show that bit, but surely it shouldn't be too hard with
three skis between two of them (and the missing one on the inside), and
plenty of time on the chair to work out what to do?

"VisionSet" wrote in message

"Bill Seddon" wrote in message
Anyone know which lift is being used in the ad for the X Type on TV?
Looks a little like the top of the Col Du Palet in Tignes when they

get
off the chair.

It's probably unsafe to assume that the whole ad is shot in one resort, let
alone one lift.

Anyway, I'd like to know, too, since if the lift is slow enough to give the
Jaguar driver time to spot the dropped ski, drive over to retrieve it, drive
up the slope to the top of the lift (passing descending skiers - not sure
which resort permits that), and plant it conveniently for collection (shades
of Milk Tray?) it must be a lift and resort to avoid.

Still not quite sure, but doesn't her ski detatch from the front of the
binding, rotate 90 degrees and should enter shovel first, but then is
miraculously planted tail first.

Ummm, you were expecting reality? Actually it looked as though the back
released, to me.

As far as the car's concerned, even with Winter tyres and 4WD, I'd be
surprised if an X-type would do what they purport to show.

Yes I know I am sad.

No, just observant and cynical, almost as bad as me ;-)

Steve