Tignes accommodation location

Old January 17th 10, 10:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

Default Tignes accommodation location

"Matt T" wrote in message

Sorry I'm late to the conversation, but yes - going by the picture on
the website Brian and Ace are correct, it's pretty much next to the
Paquis and Chaudanne base stations on the 'return-leg' of the free bus
between Lavachet and Lac. The free 'Lavachet' lift is a button that is
pretty much next to the Chaudanne and Paquis - just separated by a
tunnel under the road. There's a bus stop at that point as well which
will get you up the hill to Lac in about 1 minute where there is a
magic carpet lift on a very shallow slope that the children usually
use, and the Rosset free beginners slope.

Cheers,

Matt

--
Matt Thomas - www.tignes-lavachet.co.uk

Thanks for the reply, Matt. Will you get to ski much this season or are you
stuck in snowy England for the whole winter?

Anyway I'd like to pick your brains again if I may - we're off to Tignes
next week and, as there are 10 of us in the group, I thought I'd ask for
some advice about the restaurants in Lavachet - recommendations for good
places for lunch (we have a couple of learners that won't be straying too
far in the first couple of days) and for our evening meal out would be
gratefully received

TIA

--
Paul S

Old January 18th 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:48:55 -0000, Paul S squeezed out the following:

Anyway I'd like to pick your brains again if I may - we're off to Tignes
next week and, as there are 10 of us in the group, I thought I'd ask for
some advice about the restaurants in Lavachet - recommendations for good
places for lunch (we have a couple of learners that won't be straying too
far in the first couple of days) and for our evening meal out would be
gratefully received

Le Brasero - http://www.brasero.co.uk/

It's ski in and ski out from the Lavachet nursery slopes, good food,
warm welcome. Recommended.

--
Colin Irvine
Old February 4th 10, 12:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

"Colin Irvine" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:48:55 -0000, Paul S squeezed out the following:

Anyway I'd like to pick your brains again if I may - we're off to Tignes
next week and, as there are 10 of us in the group, I thought I'd ask for
some advice about the restaurants in Lavachet - recommendations for good
places for lunch (we have a couple of learners that won't be straying too
far in the first couple of days) and for our evening meal out would be
gratefully received

Le Brasero - http://www.brasero.co.uk/

It's ski in and ski out from the Lavachet nursery slopes, good food,
warm welcome. Recommended.

Thanks Colin - enjoyed an excellent lunch there. Crystal had booked it out
for their clients on the evening of the chalet staff day off so we went
elsewhere. Should be even better skiing this week as it snowed from Friday
morning to Saturday afternoon stopping just as our coach for the airport was
picking us up!

Cheers

--
Paul S

Old February 4th 10, 03:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 12:53:14 -0000, Paul S squeezed out the following:

"Colin Irvine" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:48:55 -0000, Paul S squeezed out the following:

Anyway I'd like to pick your brains again if I may - we're off to Tignes
next week and, as there are 10 of us in the group, I thought I'd ask for
some advice about the restaurants in Lavachet - recommendations for good
places for lunch (we have a couple of learners that won't be straying too
far in the first couple of days) and for our evening meal out would be
gratefully received

Le Brasero - http://www.brasero.co.uk/

It's ski in and ski out from the Lavachet nursery slopes, good food,
warm welcome. Recommended.

Thanks Colin - enjoyed an excellent lunch there.

You're welcome.

Crystal had booked it out
for their clients on the evening of the chalet staff day off so we went
elsewhere. Should be even better skiing this week as it snowed from Friday
morning to Saturday afternoon stopping just as our coach for the airport was
picking us up!

Naturally!

--
Colin Irvine