Kneissl Bigfoot little

Old September 23rd 03, 07:09 AM
Tim Sampson

Default Kneissl Bigfoot little

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of these? I can't find much info online but
they look great for little kids. I'm wondering if my 4 year old daughter
could use them. Kneissl's website isn't even finished yet.

TIA for any helpful comments
Tim

Old September 23rd 03, 03:06 PM
foot2foot

Tim Sampson" wrote in message

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of these? I can't find much info online

but
they look great for little kids. I'm wondering if my 4 year old daughter
could use them. Kneissl's website isn't even finished yet.

TIA for any helpful comments
Tim

I personally would wait until the child is old enough/big
enough to fit into a *real* ski with a release binding.
Say, age *three*? There's a whole national program
that centers on three year olds and skiing in the U.S.

I know of kids who've suffered injuries up to and
including spiral fractures from the use of "snowblades"
with non release bindings. The whole justification of
these various non release binding "blades" is that they
are too short to cause injury to a person of a particular
size in a fall. My opinion is that they are never safe. I
also know of adults who have suffered injuries while
using them, fractures included.

Your child needs real equipment, which you'd probably
be best to rent, perhaps a whole season package, or trip
by trip. For that matter, buy a package that includes a
whole morning of lessons for your child, along with skis,
etc. Many include some kind of lunch as well. Then you
can bust up all the good stuff all morning, and have fun
with the kids in the afternoon.