splitboard

Old January 7th 04, 01:56 PM
Yves Ecoeur

Default splitboard

I'm riding in backcountry for a few years with "raquettes" snowshoes (?) and
my board on my back.

Is there now good splitboards, that you can use without a toolcase on the
top?

Thanks

yves

Old January 7th 04, 02:20 PM
Playdreamer

"Yves Ecoeur" wrote in message
Is there now good splitboards, that you can use without a toolcase on the
top?

Never tried one of these (I would like to) but I believe that both Burton
and Voille do them.

Luke

------------------------
http://www.snowgo.com

Old January 7th 04, 08:25 PM
Mike T

Never tried one of these (I would like to) but I believe that both
Burton
and Voille do them.

Prior makes one too... it uses Voile's hardware.

Old January 7th 04, 09:01 PM
snoig

"Yves Ecoeur" wrote in message ...
I'm riding in backcountry for a few years with "raquettes" snowshoes (?) and
my board on my back.

Is there now good splitboards, that you can use without a toolcase on the
top?

Thanks

yves

I helped a friend of mine split a board and mount the Voille system.
It works well. It's a little difficult to swith out in the cold with
gloves on but it's pretty solid. It usually only takes a couple of
minutes to do the switch.

Bomberonline also makes a kit. Haven't seen it except on their
website. They are a local company for me and I have heard nothing but
good things about their products.
http://www.bomberonline.com/store/bi...splitboard.cfm

In either case, if you are handy with tools you can get a board you
like and do it yourself.

snoig
Old January 8th 04, 05:35 PM
Jason Watkins

I haven't used any of these products, but I've checked in to the
chatter on websites and the like:

So, there's two binding hardware standards right now: burton and
voile. Consensous seems to be Voile has the better design. Bomber
(www.bomberonline.com) makes sturdy hardboot bindings compatable with
the voile setup.

As for boards, there's Voile, Burton, and Prior. Censensous seems to
be the Voile board is a little to soft in flex. Haven't heard much
about the prior split specificly, but their other boards have a fairly
good reputation. The splittail splitboard is a cool idea tho. A lot
of people opt to split their own board so that they can have the good
voile hardware with a board more to their liking.

Check the discussion area of www.couloirmag.com, there's a lot of good
splitboard info in there. The magazine is also working on a splitboard
comparison which should be posted on the website in a month or so.

Old January 10th 04, 03:27 AM
tlf

Try this link:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threa...t/1#Post296051