Buy my first own board...

Old May 3rd 05, 10:06 AM
Oymit

Default Buy my first own board...

Hi guys,

This winter I came back from Austria and suddenly knew it, I
needed my own snowboard. After two years of lessons, of which
the last year was in the advanced group, I know that I'm gonna
ride next year and the year after...and so on

But now I need to buy me a board, and got the following
questions:
- When is the best time to buy one (because of the discounts,
new collections coming up?)
- I thought about a Nitro board, but that's just because I like
the style and image. I don't really freestyle or something, just
rip down those slopes

I have done some research and come up with the following models:
- Nitro Voltage Series
- Burton Air
- Salonom Link (Maybe Salomon Shade)

These are my specs:

- 2 years of snowboard experience
- freeride to versatile rider
- 190 lbs
- 6.2 feet

So I guess I'm in the 162 / 164 segment....

Can anybody give me some good advice??

Thanks,
Oymit

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Beta 5
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Old May 4th 05, 08:50 PM
chiliblue

I would have to recommend a donek, its my third board but I haven't ridden
better.

I have an incline that suits me, I like to carve on groom and freeride of
the trails. I'll do the occasional kicker but I am not one for the park.

That said Donek make some newer models with more of a freestyle feel.

Cost wise I think they are a steal for what you get. And you can add in
custom graphics and so forth.

Have a look at their website donek.com

Sorry if I am offering no other options, but I am a bit of a donek convert,
I can't see myself buying a new board from any where else.

Old May 5th 05, 12:35 PM
Richard Lumsden

You should check out Atomics lineup.They are putting as much into there
boards as their skis. I (6",180) ride the Alibi 159 a great all round
board. The park , trails or off piste no complaints. My son (6'2 ,185)
bought the Terminal 161 and loves it. The boards cost around $350. Canadian
..Check them out or hit there website. Later Richard

new board time? Yup Snowboarding 6 May 21st 05 07:30 PM
Board spec question and the Burton Baron Frank L Lynn Snowboarding 2 April 11th 05 05:42 PM
advice on board? Mario Snowboarding 10 January 11th 05 01:00 AM
Board flex and fast powder turns id Snowboarding 10 December 14th 04 03:08 PM
Burton Dominant Sizing------Please help Lee Snowboarding 5 November 21st 03 06:22 PM