P-Tex extruder guns

Old May 2nd 05, 09:45 AM
Memascii

Default P-Tex extruder guns

Hi,

Mike T mentioned p-tex extruders/guns a few weeks back. Can he (or
anyone else with any knowledge) post any recommendations with regards
to buying and using them (brands, etc.)?

Cheers.
Iain.

Old May 3rd 05, 04:47 PM
Mike T

Mike T mentioned p-tex extruders/guns a few weeks back. Can he (or
anyone else with any knowledge) post any recommendations with regards
to buying and using them (brands, etc.)?

Mine is from Sun Valley Ski Tools (SVST,
http://www.race-werks.com/product.ph...ub_cat_id =50)

I'm sure there are other brands, I'm just not aware of them.

As far as using it goes - you probably already know this but here are my
favorite helpful hints:

*Careful repairing extruded bases! You can melt right through if if you
are not careful. I had an old dead board and did some, um, experimneting
with it just to see what would happen

*Make sure to get the area *really* clean before attempting a repair.
Toohbruth and citrus cleaner, followed by toothbrush and alcohol works for
me. I know alcohol is bad for bases... I use the Citrus cleaner to do the
heavy lifting and then the alcohol to remove any residue from the citrus
cleaner.

*Deep gouges - don't try to fill in the whole thing at once - do a few
passes, letting each one dry first.

*Get a metal scraper for planing off any excess ptex