$50 Dakine Deluxe tune kit, is it worth it

Old December 6th 04, 06:52 PM

Default $50 Dakine Deluxe tune kit, is it worth it

I found the Dakine Deluxe tune kit at a local shop for $50.
Do you guys think it's a good deal?

Here's a link of what it looks like.
http://www.the-house.com/da7dtkzzdakine.html

It includes the following.
10" (25 cm) File
12" (30cm) Wax Scraper
Base/Edge Tuning Tool
Wire File Cleaning Brush
Pocket Stone
All Temp Wax
P-tex (2)
Scotchbrite Pad
Metal Scraper
Tuning Instructions
Roll-Up Case

I'm a noob and haven't done any tuning on my board.
I'm not sure if I need all this stuff
I think I only need the Base/Edge Tuning Tool and P-tex.

For the files, scraper, brush, and scotchbrite Pad...
I think I can get something similar around the house.
For the wax, I can get at the local store too.

1) Just want to get an opinion, if I should get this all-in 1 kit
is a good deal or just buy things separately.

2) can I get a cheap iron from walmart, set it to low and do my waxing?
thanks in advance.

Old December 6th 04, 07:09 PM
bri719

if you add all that stuff up, it probably comes out to at least $50 so
from that perspective yeah it's kinda worth it. but my perspective has
always been, buy what you need at the time and make your own kit. would
I ever need a "wire file cleaning brush"?? doubt it.

if it's a nice looking kit but you get a bunch of stuff you don't ever
use, then it's not really worth the price. as you noted, you're still
gonna need an iron in addition to all that. the answer to your Wal-mart
question is "yes". I have about half that stuff and I do pretty well
for minor tuning.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *