Dumping snow in Austria and Germany

Old December 19th 04, 12:52 PM
miles

Suzieflame wrote:
More than 15cm in the city overnight, do sure there have been big
dumps on the hills in the Tirol in last 24 hours.

Is 15cm considered a big dump for Austria? Thats about 6" which here in
the western USA would be an average snowfall for a night. To me a dump
is over 12" (30cm) in a day. Lately its been dry with nothing in the
forcast so any snow is a good thing! Good thing November brought us
ample snow for now.

Old December 19th 04, 12:54 PM
Joe Canuck

Default Dumping snow in Austria and Germany

Suzieflame wrote:

More than 15cm in the city overnight, do sure there have been big
dumps on the hills in the Tirol in last 24 hours.

"do sure"??? What kind of English is that?

Get thee to a grammar school pronto!
Old December 19th 04, 01:05 PM
Joe Canuck

miles wrote:

Suzieflame wrote:

More than 15cm in the city overnight, do sure there have been big
dumps on the hills in the Tirol in last 24 hours.

Is 15cm considered a big dump for Austria? Thats about 6" which here in
the western USA would be an average snowfall for a night. To me a dump
is over 12" (30cm) in a day. Lately its been dry with nothing in the
forcast so any snow is a good thing! Good thing November brought us
ample snow for now.

In northern Canada, I mean way north, 15 cm isn't considered much unless
there is a strong wind with the snow. We take it all in stride.

Old December 19th 04, 02:08 PM
Joe Canuck

Suzieflame wrote:

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 06:52:29 -0700, miles wrote:

Suzieflame wrote:

More than 15cm in the city overnight, do sure there have been big
dumps on the hills in the Tirol in last 24 hours.

Is 15cm considered a big dump for Austria?

No, but that's in the city. On the hills you could for sure double
that, given that it was also raining at the lower, warmer altitudes
yesterday.

Comma not required between "lower" and "warmer".

"for sure" is bad English.

Get thee to a grammer school Suzie LaFlame!

Old December 19th 04, 02:21 PM
Joe Canuck

Suzieflame wrote:

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:54:02 -0500, Joe Canuck
wrote:

Suzieflame wrote:

More than 15cm in the city overnight, do sure there have been big
dumps on the hills in the Tirol in last 24 hours.

"do sure"??? What kind of English is that?

Get thee to a grammar school pronto!

Hey look everybody, I got me a new stalker! And it spell lames!

When you make dumb comments suggesting the English language does not
evolve you can expect to take some heat over it.

Old December 19th 04, 03:35 PM
Black Metal Martha

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
Suzieflame wrote:

No, but that's in the city. On the hills you could for sure double
that, given that it was also raining at the lower, warmer altitudes
yesterday.

Comma not required between "lower" and "warmer".

"for sure" is bad English.

Get thee to a grammer school Suzie LaFlame!

How about "eh", Mr. Canuck? : )

Martha
as a California, knows "fer sure, dood" is part of her vocabulary.....

Old December 19th 04, 04:06 PM
Joe Canuck

Suzieflame wrote:

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:08:48 -0500, Joe Canuck
wrote:

Get thee to a grammer school Suzie LaFlame!

^
People who spell "grammar" with an "e" look pretty ****ing stupid
making spelling lames, stalker boi.

But please, keep it up. Firstly, it's quite entertaining watching you
reach for the lowest, most inane commentary known to Man and STILL
**** it up in the most embarrassing way possible like a complete and
utter imbecile.

And secondly, I know I'm not going to be the one regretting getting
involved in a flame war with me.... more it will be likely you, Paul.

Most entertaining, as expected you consumed the bait as only a
first-class flame troll can. That being a dubious distinction; however,
please do try to not mangle the English language too much with your
attempts to master it.

You have perhaps four skills to your credit:

1) The ability to pop keywords into a search engine.
2) The ability to fart in public.
2) The ability to count up to two.
4) The ability to misquote.

Bye bye Suzie.

Old December 19th 04, 04:08 PM
Black Metal Martha

"Olaf Timandahaff" wrote in message
news
, Black
Metal Martha dropped this bomb:

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
Suzieflame wrote:

No, but that's in the city. On the hills you could for sure double
that, given that it was also raining at the lower, warmer altitudes
yesterday.

Comma not required between "lower" and "warmer".

"for sure" is bad English.

Get thee to a grammer school Suzie LaFlame!

How about "eh", Mr. Canuck? : )

Martha
as a California, knows "fer sure, dood" is part of her vocabulary.....

I always saw "ok fine, fer sure, fer sure, eh?"
[not a valley girl though]

Woah dood, with a name like Olaf, you're sure yer not from the valleeee??

Martha
not from the valley either

Old December 19th 04, 06:26 PM
Joe Canuck

Suzieflame wrote:
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:28:20 -0500, Joe Canuck
wrote:

Suzieflame wrote:

wrote:

Get thee to a grammer school Suzie LaFlame!

^
People who spell "grammar" with an "e" look pretty ****ing stupid
making spelling lames, stalker boi.

But please, keep it up. Firstly, it's quite entertaining watching you
reach for the lowest, most inane commentary known to Man and STILL
**** it up in the most embarrassing way possible like a complete and
utter imbecile.

And secondly, I know I'm not going to be the one regretting getting
involved in a flame war with me.... more it will be likely you, Paul.

Most entertaining, as expected you consumed the bait as only a
first-class flame troll can.

rolls eyes

"I was trolling you" is about the second most unlikely-to-be-believed
back pedal ever. If you want to know how you can really claim to be
trolling look the thread "PING: Astro", and check the posting times.

chuckle

Regret SLAP

Let's just see that in slow motion, shall we?

Regrettably for you, you are an ineffectual flamer.

Your whole Usenet persona is based on trolling for flames so you can
somehow effectively compete in the "awards" voting:

http://tinyurl.com/5edux

So do not try to tell us you don't troll for flames, you could not
compete if you did not.

Couldn't care less? The reality is quite the opposite. You care a whole
lot... about a pile of steaming crap.

Bye bye Suzie.

P.S. Your ascii art needs work.

Old December 20th 04, 12:53 AM
The Real Bev

Suzieflame wrote:

And secondly, I know I'm not going to be the one regretting getting
involved in a flame war with me.... more it will be likely you, Paul.

If you guys absolutely have to get into a cheap flamewar here, could you
at least attempt to make it funny or clever? Is that asking too much?

Suzie, you did NOT create RSAM, you just cut+pasted somebody else's docs
and threw it out like bait. If we snapped it up it was because the
subject had already been discussed in detail and you just flipped the
switch.

Good enough thing to do, and we are grateful. But does that mean we
have to listen to this crap for the rest of our lives? Is it so
difficult to recognize when enough is ****ING ENOUGH?

--
Cheers,
Bev