Sierra Cement Skiing

Old November 3rd 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Sierra Cement Skiing

On 11/2/10 3:02 PM, SkiGuy wrote:

I'd just like to chime in to say I prefer Portland Cement over Sierra
Cement.

Any snow is better than concrete.
Old November 3rd 10, 01:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Nov 2, 8:56*am, downhill wrote:
snowfake wrote:
On Oct 30, 8:16 am, snowbender
wrote:
Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

On Oct 28, 8:29 am, pigo wrote:

Skiing cement has its own techniques... ...they're
just not powder techniques.
They are variations of powder techniques. The steeper it gets, the
more like powder you ski it. Sometimes you just have to ride on top to
get through it, **** trying to ski it.
Yup, you need to tell Mr. LOL that; nevertheless, Taichi Skiing is one
Way fits/skis all,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJrA_zVkTws

snowbender

No bashing? Good, at least you gappers move in the right direction.
Guess you gappers have finally learned, congrats.

snowbender

We figured you were not worth the bother as we got tired of your insults
and inability to learn the proper meaning of english words.

you are in the same boat as scooter-

Say what, you deranged lying piece of ****? I know the proper meaning
of go **** yourself. Another cheap shot from a dickless coward......
Old November 3rd 10, 01:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Nov 2, 9:11*am, downhill wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
In all my years of skiing in the Sierra, I thought "sierra cement" was
something else.

I do not think that it is the first time Tie cheese picked the wrong
words to describe something and followed it up with I am right the world
is wrong rant!

How about I am right and you lied to the cops?
How about that contact info? You know, for the SPD officer you lied
to....unless, of course, you lied about lying to him. EMERGENCY
SOCCER GAME!!!!!!
Old November 3rd 10, 01:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 11/02/2010 09:02 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 11/2/10 3:02 PM, SkiGuy wrote:

I'd just like to chime in to say I prefer Portland Cement over Sierra
Cement.

Any snow is better than concrete.

You've shown me snow that was concrete. Sherwood Forest on
a sunny day with 1.5 feet of fairly new.
Old November 3rd 10, 01:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Nov 2, 2:08*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
pigo wrote:
On Nov 2, 9:56 am, downhill wrote:
snowfake wrote:

On Oct 28, 8:29 am, pigo wrote:

Skiing cement has its own techniques... ...they're
just not powder techniques.
They are variations of powder techniques. The steeper it gets, the
more like powder you ski it. Sometimes you just have to ride on
top to get through it, **** trying to ski it.
Yup, you need to tell Mr. LOL that; nevertheless, Taichi Skiing is
one Way fits/skis all,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJrA_zVkTws

snowbender

No bashing? Good, at least you gappers move in the right direction.
Guess you gappers have finally learned, congrats.

snowbender

We figured you were not worth the bother as we got tired of your
insults and inability to learn the proper meaning of english words.

you are in the same boat as scooter

More and more all of the time. When nobody responds to him, negatively
or otherwise, he'll bring it up himself. Even mentioning the negative
stuff himself.

The only reason he comes here is to score "points" that only he can see.

Holy ****, Bob, you gotta stop drinking breakfast.
You lie and defame and come up with insane, paranoid theories
regarding me......and since you call me a child molester but don't
even have the nads to read my replies to your vileness and cowardice,
you score points that only you can see. Dumb****.

This
thread is just more proof of his idiotic vanity. It has no other purpose.-

Holy ****. Classic projection from the Master.
Old November 3rd 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Nov 2, 2:56*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article ,
*"Bob F" wrote:

pigo wrote:
On Nov 2, 9:56 am, downhill wrote:
snowfake wrote:

On Oct 28, 8:29 am, pigo wrote:

[...]

The only reason he comes here is to score "points" that only he can see.. This
thread is just more proof of his idiotic vanity. It has no other purpose.

* I think Itchy is acting like Howard Cosell, by being so obnoxious and
trying to lure skies to Tahoe by being an incredibly annoying in a
stealth advertising campaign.

Ted, if you think that, you really are insane. Ooooops, forgot, you
are. Show the post.

I think killfile should be used when someone refuses to listen to reason
or ski mechanics, given both are congruent to each other.-

Here is some reason. You lied to a cop and a judge under oath and
claimed I had threatened you, yet could not show any instance in which
I had.
Reason demands you show the post, you pathetic deranged coward.
Old November 3rd 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 11/03/2010 10:39 AM, tahoevision wrote:
Tue, 02 Nov 2010 21:31:35 -0400 wrote:
| On 11/02/2010 09:02 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
| On 11/2/10 3:02 PM, SkiGuy wrote:
|
| I'd just like to chime in to say I prefer Portland Cement over Sierra
| Cement.
|
| Any snow is better than concrete.
|
| You've shown me snow that was concrete. Sherwood Forest on
| a sunny day with 1.5 feet of fairly new.

Yeah, but, Sherwood is always like that, it is not indicative of
Tahoe as a whole.

Never said it was, just said that LAL found
some concrete for me. The other side was
spectacular as were the woods over by Scott's.
Old November 3rd 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 11/3/2010 3:19 PM, VtSkier wrote:
On 11/03/2010 10:39 AM, tahoevision wrote:

Yeah, but, Sherwood is always like that, it is not indicative of
Tahoe as a whole.

Never said it was, just said that LAL found
some concrete for me. The other side was
spectacular as were the woods over by Scott's.

Hey, I thought K-mart opened today and you were going. What are you
doing farting around on usenet when there's skiing to be done?

//Walt

Old November 3rd 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 11/03/2010 03:44 PM, Walt wrote:
On 11/3/2010 3:19 PM, VtSkier wrote:
On 11/03/2010 10:39 AM, tahoevision wrote:

Yeah, but, Sherwood is always like that, it is not indicative of
Tahoe as a whole.

Never said it was, just said that LAL found
some concrete for me. The other side was
spectacular as were the woods over by Scott's.

Hey, I thought K-mart opened today and you were going. What are you
doing farting around on usenet when there's skiing to be done?

//Walt

Actually K-mart opened yesterday and I DID go.
It was a smashing day. Good snow on Northridge. The
Northridge Walkway worked beautifully. A 1/4 mile
trek back to the summit and a download on the K-1.
The summit restaurant was open so that you didn't
need to download for lunch or to pee. Actually I
used the other side of the lift shack for the
latter, but for those more delicate, the restrooms
were open at the top. Weather started off cloudy,
but with good visibility and ended up absolutely
blue bird.

I'm going back tomorrow and the weather pattern is
supposed to be the opposite of yesterday. Start clear
and end up with significant "flurries" and overcast.

Back to the Northridge Walkway, AKA "the Stairway
to Heaven" as it replaces Heavenly Traverse trail.
This is a series of short flights of stairs with
short sections of deck with a rock crossing where
it intersects the Catwalk trail.

One of our members counted steps. It's about
1/4 mile and has, from the top of the lift at
Northridge to the loading platform at K-1,
250 steps. I'm thinking about 7 1/2" per step,
so that an elevation gain of 156 feet. I was
doing it in about 10 minutes. Those who are
younger and in better shape could do it in 5.
I did it three times. Once to see what it was
like, once for lunch and at the end of the day.
Old November 4th 10, 06:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

"Bob F" wrote:
pigo wrote:
On Nov 2, 9:56 am, downhill wrote:
snowfake wrote:

On Oct 28, 8:29 am, pigo wrote:

Skiing cement has its own techniques... ...they're
just not powder techniques.
They are variations of powder techniques. The steeper it gets, the
more like powder you ski it. Sometimes you just have to ride on
top to get through it, **** trying to ski it.
Yup, you need to tell Mr. LOL that; nevertheless, Taichi Skiing is
one Way fits/skis all,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJrA_zVkTws

snowbender

No bashing? Good, at least you gappers move in the right direction.
Guess you gappers have finally learned, congrats.

snowbender

We figured you were not worth the bother as we got tired of your
insults and inability to learn the proper meaning of english words.

Or because I've provided the evident [of what sierra cement skiing is]
and you gappers cannot face your failed bashing and run and hide? Most
likely. No, no need to insult you, you're insulted by your own
"inability to learn the proper meaning" of skiing.

you are in the same boat as scooter

Or you lie to yourself so much that you cannot tell the truth anymore?

More and more all of the time. When nobody responds to him, negatively
or otherwise, he'll bring it up himself. Even mentioning the negative
stuff himself.

No, this thread is actually responding to your post and challenging
your knowledge on powder skiing and ability to ski it, but you've
responded like a girly man, and I thought only girls gossip.

The only reason he comes here is to score "points" that only he can see. This
thread is just more proof of his idiotic vanity. It has no other purpose.

Better skiing, better skiing, and better skiing, to raise the bar on
high level skiing is what I come here for, why are you here for,
proving your own "idiotic vanity"?

I think Itchy is acting like Howard Cosell, by being so obnoxious and
trying to lure skies to Tahoe by being an incredibly annoying in a
stealth advertising campaign.

You're now talking like a gapper, and smearing like a gapper, guess
you wanna be a gapper, by all means, so be it. My skiing is obnoxious
only to those who cannot do it, and those who "think" they can do it
but can't, i.e. you gappers; and what's wrong by luring skiers to
Tahoe skiing? Tahoe is one of the best ski areas in the nation, why I
cannot introduce the area to the skiing public? And what kind of
"stealth advertising campaign" I did? Or it's only your shameless
smearing campaign?

I think killfile should be used when someone refuses to listen to reason
or ski mechanics, given both are congruent to each other.

Given that, you gappers should killfile yourselves.

snowbender