A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Alpine Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

You'll never believe how Schattie describes himself!!

Old March 27th 15, 06:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default You'll never believe how Schattie describes himself!!

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 11:45:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Sandy lasted two days, but much of the damage persists to this date, nearly three years later.

The troubles here lasted a few years, more than a decade and a half ago. Today, most of the damage persists, although social media also took its toll on this once vibrant community.

The troubles lasted nearly a decade and a half. Stopping only a few months ago. Though who knows how the legal process had a hand in it.

Trunky caused much of the ski talk to go elsewhere even before social media. But SM now would have rendered this forum extinct long ago. It probably only survives because it gave us someone to **** on.

Ads
Old March 27th 15, 09:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 1:19:18 PM UTC-5, pigo wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 11:45:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:

The troubles here lasted a few years, more than a decade and a half ago..
Today, most of the damage persists, although social media also took its
toll on this once vibrant community.

The troubles lasted nearly a decade and a half. Stopping only a few months
ago. Though who knows how the legal process had a hand in it.

Trunky caused much of the ski talk to go elsewhere even before social media.
But SM now would have rendered this forum extinct long ago. It probably only
survives because it gave us someone to **** on.

I meant the part of the troubles leading up to the court order, and the following time when it was ruining peoples' careers by having its colleagues call their employers.

Anthea hardly qualifies as Helen of Troy, but the actions she innocently and inadvertently set into motion led to near-epic consequences.

I know that one previous regular here was working on a "Lord of the Rings" parody about the troubles -- but dropped the project after re-reading Alexander Pope's "Rape of the Lock" and some of the historical criticism associated with it. I think that only the parody of the "One ring to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them" verse ever made it to RSA.

Somebody else took a stab at parodying the book of Mormon, titling it "The Book of Moron" and casting Donald Trunk as Joseph Smith and most of the male characters in the book, in the style of "Wicked" where the bad-guy witch was portrayed as a sympathetic character. They did a lot of character work-up but not as much writing as the "Lord of the Lift Tickets" work -- and when they met the "Lord of the Lift Tickets" author on line and learned about Pope's "Rape of the Lock," also abandoned the project.

Why? Because -- the names of the two protagonists in "Rape of the Lock" are lost in history but the deed has survived in Pope's writing since 1712 -- for three centuries -- and is now enshrined in the halls of classic English literature.

Hardly a fate befitting a sleaze like Donald Trunk.

K2 Maven
Old April 3rd 15, 01:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Eviel Dewar
external usenet poster

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 2:19:18 PM UTC-4, pigo wrote:

Trunky caused much of the ski talk to go elsewhere even before social media. But SM now would have rendered this forum extinct long ago. It probably only survives because it gave us someone to **** on.

Usenet predated the WWW by over a decade. By the time Trunky came along in 1995 or 1996, Usenet was already losing ground to the web, which was new then.

The irony is that the Trunky of 15 years ago would have been a perfect fit for social media. All those registered "friends" and "followers" for him to brag about. He could have made an online persona for himself much, much more effectively than he ever could on pokey old Usenet. He couldn't do it today, though. Too many bridges burned, too many friends lost and industry contacts alienated, too much negative reputation. Too tapped out and clapped out, too tired, too *old*. All we can do now is wait for his death notice. Which hopefully will be soon!

Old April 3rd 15, 08:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 18:00:22 -0700 (PDT), Eviel Dewar
wrote this crap:

Usenet predated the WWW by over a decade.

True story. I remember when the www was only text. Before http came
along. Usenet was already old.

By the time Trunky came along in 1995 or 1996, Usenet was
already losing ground to the web, which was new then.

I remember when you had to telnet on the web. Bev was probably only
ancient back then.

Old April 3rd 15, 02:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 7:00:22 PM UTC-6, Eviel Dewar wrote:

As I've said before, that lump of **** just came along with the deal when those of us that did ski, some not so well but were normal people, got together. It was prevalent on the site so there it was. But seeing it in person left no doubt to it's antisocial, repulsive, self. Eventually seeing it try to ski left no doubt what a hack and poseur it was.

What would be funny would be to see that now. His photoshopped face on bodies that were not obese. It's photo's of it "skiing powder or taking jumps" all the while hidden in hats and goggles. Only to be exposed when it had to ski in front of someone.

But much like it's stolen valor, claims of being a first responder, and other professions worthy of honor, it was easily found to be lying and caught not being able to keep the string of lies straight.

I'd love the opportunity to **** on it's grave. But Seattle is way off my list for travel now that it's gotten so expensive.

Old April 3rd 15, 03:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry
external usenet poster

I recall the first time I accessed www through a computer at work using Netscape there was an option box that allowed not loading pictures in case your access had insufficient bandwidth.

Did you know that it requires less time to say "world wide web" than it does to say its abbreviation?
Old April 3rd 15, 03:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 9:04:11 AM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:

Did you know that it requires less time to say "world wide web" than it does to say its abbreviation?

But not to type it!

Old April 4th 15, 01:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 07:18:46 -0700 (PDT), pigo
wrote this crap:

I'd love the opportunity to **** on it's grave. But Seattle
is way off my list for travel now that it's gotten so expensive.

I can do it for you. And for everybody.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe