Places I have skied

Old October 23rd 14, 08:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_3_]

Default Places I have skied

Well a few of them anyway - hope to do mo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/features/11182269/The-worlds-50-best-ski-runs.html

Old October 23rd 14, 09:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, 23 October 2014 13:22:33 UTC-7, BrritSki wrote:
Well a few of them anyway - hope to do mo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/features/11182269/The-worlds-50-best-ski-runs.html

Best powder runs in are in Europe and Vail???
Yeah, sure.... sicker, snicker....
Old October 23rd 14, 09:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, 23 October 2014 13:22:33 UTC-7, BrritSki wrote:
Well a few of them anyway - hope to do mo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/features/11182269/The-worlds-50-best-ski-runs.html

Best powder runs in are in Europe and Vail???
Yeah, sure.... snicker, snicker....
Old October 23rd 14, 11:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 10/23/14 1:22 PM, BrritSki wrote:
Well a few of them anyway - hope to do mo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/features/11182269/The-worlds-50-best-ski-runs.html

Funny how we all turn first to the list labeled "best powder."
Even funnier that there's no powder in the list pictures.

Funniest of all is the bare hint of an observation that we expected
anything more from a travel publication which has absolutely no interest
in the subject title of their lists, but an enormous interest in
convincing their reading public that pretty much anyone can ski the
"best." You will notice pretty much all the pictures feature duffs
skiing at intermediate level, not the high level skiing one might expect
on "best" anything.
Old October 24th 14, 12:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Most people have absolutely NO concept of high level skiing anyway. To most people that dufus doing the "lean back/get low" ****** turn appears to be doing something cool. Not hard, not innovative, not accomplished, not experienced.....that's just how it is.
Old October 24th 14, 12:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:48:26 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, 23 October 2014 13:22:33 UTC-7, BrritSki wrote:
Well a few of them anyway - hope to do mo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/features/11182269/The-worlds-50-best-ski-runs.html

Best powder runs in are in Europe and Vail???
Yeah, sure.... snicker, snicker....

Right, the Minturn Mile? Well if you are going to include areas that are not actually in bounds there are much better places. You can start with anyplace around there that will have virgin powder instead of a frequently used, cut up run.
Old October 24th 14, 12:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_3_]

On 24/10/2014 14:35, wrote:
On Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:48:26 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, 23 October 2014 13:22:33 UTC-7, BrritSki wrote:
Well a few of them anyway - hope to do mo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/features/11182269/The-worlds-50-best-ski-runs.html

Best powder runs in are in Europe and Vail???
Yeah, sure.... snicker, snicker....

Right, the Minturn Mile? Well if you are going to include areas that are not actually in bounds there are much better places. You can start with anyplace around there that will have virgin powder instead of a frequently used, cut up run.

What about on slope eating though (inbounds) ?

From my very limited experience of skiing in the US (Taos and New
England) I would say the food is generally poor unless you come off the
mountain.

There are a couple of places I would add to the list on that site - the
place that does barbecued whole suckling pigs at Courmayeur (I forget
the name), the Bouc Blanc at the top of the gondola out of La Tania in
the 3V which has fantastically good plat du jour at very reasonable
prices, and that place we ate at in Cervinia during the Zermatt Invasion
(I think that 'm allowed to mention that now YKW has gone) which had the
best seafood pasta (in the mountains !) that I've ever had and a
gorgeous Swedish Maitresse d' as well

I will try the places mentioned in the article in Courmayeur when I'm
there again with the Old Farts Ski Club in March and the place in 3V
next time I'm there which could be as soon as January.