best rollerski T-shirt design?

Old April 11th 04, 08:32 PM
revyakin

Default best rollerski T-shirt design?

I am thinking of designing a T-shirt which I would wear while
rollerskiing, saying smth like "This is called rollerskiing". This Sat
was the first nice spring day in NJ; my fiance and myself were
rollerskiing at a popular bike path, and have been asked at least 10
times. Not that we mind, but we figured it would be cool to have
self-explanatory slogans on our tshirts.

Does anyone know a company that would make custom lycra shirts for a
reasonable price? BTW, "This is rollerskiing" shirts could be smth for
Jeff Potter's OTB site to add to its inventory.
Old April 11th 04, 10:13 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 11 Apr 2004 13:32:40 -0700, (revyakin) wrote:

Does anyone know a company that would make custom lycra shirts for a
reasonable price? BTW, "This is rollerskiing" shirts could be smth for
Jeff Potter's OTB site to add to its inventory.

www.youngoriginals.com
www.hiddenbaysports.com
www.sportees.com

JT
Old April 11th 04, 10:18 PM
Gary Jacobson

Yea, well I had the same experience on my first roller ski of the year at
Marine Park in Brooklyn yesterday.
Shirt could read:
This is rollerskiing. Mostly I do it to practice for cross country skiing.
It is as fun as it looks. It is harder than it looks. They are sort of
expensive. You can order them from....________. (I seem to push the Jenex
Nordicxc for inquirers.) No, I can't wait until the snow. The snow is up
north.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

om...

Old April 12th 04, 03:58 AM
revyakin

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote in message . ..
On 11 Apr 2004 13:32:40 -0700, (revyakin) wrote:

Does anyone know a company that would make custom lycra shirts for a
reasonable price? BTW, "This is rollerskiing" shirts could be smth for
Jeff Potter's OTB site to add to its inventory.

www.youngoriginals.com
www.hiddenbaysports.com
www.sportees.com

JT

Thanks! Looks like it's very doable. Just have to come up with a cool
slogan (Gary, now, can you fit all that into 5-10 words ?) and to
get a big logo book at Borders... for inspiration.
Old April 12th 04, 04:40 PM
Jeff Potter

Very good!

Now I just need a little time to whip it up.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old April 13th 04, 02:39 AM
Serge

Yea, how about

Fight the global worming:
Rollerski!
Old April 13th 04, 05:06 AM
Erik Brooks

There was a discussion about shirts on a bike list I read, and I
really like the 'winner' there - "you can have my parking space". It
sends a message that isn't confrontational in any way, and most
drivers have had to circle around at times looking for parking, and
hopefully would appreciate the sentiment.

Off topic, but I just thought I'd share this.

Erik

Old April 14th 04, 03:27 PM
taywood

Gary Jacobson wrote:
Yea, well I had the same experience on my first roller ski of the
year at Marine Park in Brooklyn yesterday.
Shirt could read:
This is rollerskiing. Mostly I do it to practice for cross country
skiing. It is as fun as it looks. It is harder than it looks. They
are sort of expensive. You can order them from....________. (I seem
to push the Jenex Nordicxc for inquirers.) No, I can't wait until the
snow. The snow is up north.

NO, you cant borrow them you need special boots.
or NO, theres no brakes.

Old April 15th 04, 12:31 PM
Brian

a few ideas for a phrase:

no snow...no worries.

the season never ends

rollersking, sponsored by the love of skiing and the warmth of summer

no, they are for cross-country skiing.

the main difference is that when you fall on pavement it hurts a heck
of a lot more than it does when you fall on snow.

when I'm going real hard up this hill is not the time to start asking
me questions about rollerskiing

I prefer snow, but this is pretty good too...

Rollerskis - the choice for folks who actually ski during the winter

Buy them from me. I'm your local insert company name rep.

rollerskis are better exercise than your rollerblades, because we use
our upper bodies as well as our lower bodies. To be fair, it doesn't
take a physics genius to figure that out, but if even had to ask the
question perhaps you should pull out a text book and review Newtonian
physics

these are the same boots and poles that I use during the
winter...really.

the reason that I look like I'm in good shape is because I am. Body
by rollerskiing.

It isn't hard to balance on these.

Just because you are going around Central Park for fun, I'm actually
trying to get a good workout so please let me be...

(ok, some of these are a bit cynical. And I haven't even started
rollerskiing this season yet...just wait till July, then I'll think of
a few more phrases)