Jeez

Old January 4th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Jeez

"pigo" wrote in message
On Jan 3, 9:43 pm, Walt wrote:
Harry Weiner wrote:
, Walt wrote this crap:

I'll promise not to hit on your fiancé; I'm sure our tastes
are...um...different.

You don't like beautiful blondes, with big racks?

And sorry, my newsreader doesn't allow me to use French spelling,
should I spell it, "feeansay?"

Actually, Forte Agent 1.92 allows you to write in French should you have
the desire and ability to do so.

But that's beside the point; we're attempting to communicate in English,
and in standard English "fiance" implies male (the corresponding female
word is "fiancee"). When you casually referred to your "fiance",
being a native English speaker I naturally assumed you were engaged to
marry a dude.

Is that true? I didn't realize that there was a difference. I would
have assumed that he was engaged to a female.

To answer another question I don't like "big racks". But it reminds me
of a Larry the Cable Guy joke.

Did ya hear about the guy that gave the dancer at the titty bar
monopoly money? When she said "Hey! That's fake money!!" He said
"Yeah! Those are fake titties!!"

Fiance = male.

Fiancee = female.

Old January 4th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

pigo wrote:
On Jan 3, 9:43 pm, Walt wrote:

But that's beside the point; we're attempting to communicate in English,
and in standard English "fiance" implies male (the corresponding female
word is "fiancee"). When you casually referred to your "fiance",
being a native English speaker I naturally assumed you were engaged to
marry a dude.

Is that true? I didn't realize that there was a difference.

Yep. See, for instance, The Columbia Guide to Standard American
English: http://www.bartleby.com/68/0/2500.html

Who says usenet isn't educational?

I would have assumed that he was engaged to a female.

I was only kidding about him being engaged to a dude. I never really
thought that for a second. My actual assumption is that "she" is an
inflatable blow up doll...

//Walt
//
//...that's not made in France...
Old January 4th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

"Walt" wrote in message
pigo wrote:
On Jan 3, 9:43 pm, Walt wrote:

But that's beside the point; we're attempting to communicate in

English,
and in standard English "fiance" implies male (the corresponding female
word is "fiancee"). When you casually referred to your "fiance",
being a native English speaker I naturally assumed you were engaged to
marry a dude.

Is that true? I didn't realize that there was a difference.

Yep. See, for instance, The Columbia Guide to Standard American
English: http://www.bartleby.com/68/0/2500.html

Who says usenet isn't educational?

I would have assumed that he was engaged to a female.

I was only kidding about him being engaged to a dude. I never really
thought that for a second. My actual assumption is that "she" is an
inflatable blow up doll...

Which would be very convenient in case his yacht capsizes.

Old January 5th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:26:50 -0500, Walt
wrote this crap:

Actually, Forte Agent 1.92 allows you to write in French should you have
the desire and ability to do so.

NO. My newsreader DOESN'T allow me to write in French.

Au contraire, souffle d'poulet-aile.

Zhay nay parley-paw bawn fransay.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old January 5th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:41:21 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote this crap:

Did ya hear about the guy that gave the dancer at the titty bar
monopoly money? When she said "Hey! That's fake money!!" He said
"Yeah! Those are fake titties!!"

Oh, they're real. You never heard of "software enhancements?'

Old January 7th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Harry Weiner wrote:
Walt wrote this crap:

NO. My newsreader DOESN'T allow me to write in French.

Au contraire, souffle d'poulet-aile.

Zhay nay parley-paw bawn fransay.

See? That wasn't so hard was it?

(you might want to update your French spellchecker though...)

//Walt
Old January 8th 08, 12:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:48:37 -0500, Walt
wrote this crap:

Harry Weiner wrote:
Walt wrote this crap:

NO. My newsreader DOESN'T allow me to write in French.

Au contraire, souffle d'poulet-aile.

Zhay nay parley-paw bawn fransay.

See? That wasn't so hard was it?

(you might want to update your French spellchecker though...)

What fer? Everything is spelled correctly.