Merry Christmas all!

Old December 24th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default Merry Christmas all!

Yes, even you, Scotty.

:-)

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old December 25th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ],
Alan Baker wrote:
Yes, even you, Scotty.

This is like the WWI Xmas truce where the Germans and Brits came out of
their trenches and celebrated together before going back to their
fortifications and blowing the **** out of each other again.

--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old December 25th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Jeff Davis wrote:
In article ],
Alan Baker wrote:
Yes, even you, Scotty.

This is like the WWI Xmas truce where the Germans and Brits came out of
their trenches and celebrated together before going back to their
fortifications and blowing the **** out of each other again.

Good analogy, but it seems like now, as then, it's
the best we can do.
Old December 25th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

On Dec 25, 2:06*pm, VtSkier wrote:
Jeff Davis wrote:
In article ],
Alan Baker wrote:
Yes, even you, Scotty.

This is like the WWI Xmas truce where the Germans and Brits came out of
their trenches and celebrated together before going back to their
fortifications and blowing the **** out of each other again.

Good analogy, but it seems like now, as then, it's
the best we can do.

I got Boot Dryers!! Hooray!

Merry Christmas everyone! I love you all, each and every one of you!

Smooches!

JP
Old December 25th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_12_]

Jeff Davis wrote:
In article
],
Alan Baker wrote:
Yes, even you, Scotty.

This is like the WWI Xmas truce where the Germans and Brits came out
of their trenches and celebrated together before going back to their
fortifications and blowing the **** out of each other again.

Except in this case, the Canadian has come out of his trench with an olive
branch, while the Fat Yank continues to blast away from his trench.

--
ant
Don't try to email me!

Old December 26th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 25, 10:12*am, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ],
Alan Baker wrote:

Yes, even you, Scotty.

This is like the WWI Xmas truce where the Germans and Brits came out of
their trenches and celebrated together before going back to their
fortifications and blowing the **** out of each other again.

"Truce" implies there is a war. This is just a circus sidehow, geek
department.

Old December 28th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Richard Henry wrote:

"Truce" implies there is a war. This is just a circus sidehow, geek
department.

I talked to a guy who worked on the Delta IV. He agreed with me that
thrust accounts for 95% of inverted flight. If all that **** you spewed
was a circus sideshow, geek department, then so be it.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old December 28th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 27, 8:07*pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ,
Richard Henry wrote:

"Truce" implies there is a war. *This is just a circus sidehow, geek
department.

I talked to a guy who worked on the Delta IV. *He agreed with me that
thrust accounts for 95% of inverted flight. *If all that **** you spewed
was a circus sideshow, geek department, then so be it. *
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Well, since a Delta IV has no wings, I would say that 100% of its lift
is from thrust.

And the lest time we talked about inverted flight, it was you who
brought up "ailerons" out of the blue.

Try something like that again and we'll throw you in a fresh chicken.
Old December 28th 07, 09:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_12_]

Jeff Davis wrote:
In article
,
Richard Henry wrote:

"Truce" implies there is a war. This is just a circus sidehow, geek
department.

I talked to a guy who worked on the Delta IV.

What was his name?