K2 She's Piste and Karhu 7tm

Old February 11th 05, 10:39 PM

Default K2 She's Piste and Karhu 7tm

I have been trying to mount Karhu 7tm bindings onto K2 She's Piste
using the optional Karhu riser plate/adaptor to convert the 7tm
mounting pattern to the predrilled G3 pattern built into the K2's...
and I am having some problems. It seems that G3 specs state that the
two front holes in the mounting pattern be 26 mm appart. With the
She's Piste, the holes are 27.5 mm appart. Not much but enough to keep
the screws from going in strait due to the fact that the risers are
properly drilled at 26 mm and give little room for error. I stripped a
number of screws trying to get them in and finally gave up fearing I
would strip the treads in the ski. In addition, if I did get them in,
I fear there would be some fairly nasty stresses on the screws.

That said, has anyone else had a similar problem? My wife really wants
this setup and I would like to get it up and running for her without
drilling the skis. (Note that I measured other She's Piste at 3 other
stores in Boise and they are all at 27.5 mm. The other K2s, World
Piste, Dawn Patrol, etc are OK at 26 mm.) Just wondering if I may be
able to get new She's Piste with proper hole alligment?

Thanks, -Leif

Old February 11th 05, 11:06 PM
Matt

[...]

i'm unfamiliar with the structure of the riser, but is it not possible to elongate the
clearance holes with a dremmel? if you're only off by .75mm on each hole, the material
loss should be negligable in terms of structural support. but not knowing the geometry
myself, i dunno. tried calling k2?
Old February 12th 05, 03:27 AM

Yeh, I thought about drilling out the riser to make it fit and I may
end up doing just that. I would rather not but the ski season is
getting shorter every day and it is certainly the simplest and quickest
solution. I contacted K2 and they claim the problem is mine as they
have yet to hear any similar problems and they have shipped thousands
of She's Pistes. Good news is that I have a number of options.....
Thanks for the input.