Heliboarding in Russia

Old March 2nd 05, 02:10 PM
Dean

I'm sorry I asked about passport issues. I don't know if I'll ever go to
Russia to heliboard, but I was wondering if you ran into the types of
problems the group from Teton Gravity encounterd when the Russian
segment of "Soul Purpose" was filmed. Based on what you have said the
answer is, "No".

Dean
Old March 2nd 05, 05:06 PM

Neal/Champ: Like your page.
Have a SONY DCR TRV 820 with a 25X OpZoom lens camcorder 8mm digital
tape with many images of skiing terrain, people and facilities in the
Iran mountains, just North of Tehran taken years ago during the Shah
days before the revolution.

Please advise how we can set up a photo album display like you have
beautifully developed for your Russian pics. What album site do you, or
can you, use for some of your photos ? Any and all suggestions most
appreciated.

FYI: We use the WebtvPlus receiver and a new DELL computer.

Many thanks Neal, 3/2/05

Old March 2nd 05, 05:36 PM
Switters

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:10:23 GMT, Dean allegedly wrote:

I'm sorry I asked about passport issues.

Dean, don't sweat it. All you did was prompt a debate, which is generally
healthy.

but I was wondering if you ran into the types of
problems the group from Teton Gravity encounterd when the Russian
segment of "Soul Purpose" was filmed. Based on what you have said the
answer is, "No".

What problems did they encounter?

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old March 2nd 05, 06:40 PM
Dean

Switters wrote:
What problems did they encounter?

The story or parts of it has appeared in "The Snowboard Journal",
"Frequency" and/or a ski magazine as well as the movie. The problem was
corruption/bribery.

Dean
Old March 3rd 05, 12:52 AM

Mentioned Iran skiing development and experience in a recent post. FYI:
Embedding a recent IRAN SKI URL.

Our experience dates back to the days of the SHAH before the rev. with
women skiing in robes over ski pants, etc.

Showed pics at our Iran-American Chamber of Commerce in NYC and their DC
Embassy. They loved it all.

Note the ski area mtns North of Tehran are over 18,000'...higher than
most European resorts.

Enjoy a different view for a chamge !.
GoSki Iran
Address:http://www.goski.com/iran.htm Changed:7:29 PM on Wednesday,
March 2, 2005 Paul 3/2/05

Old March 3rd 05, 09:43 AM
Switters

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:40:49 GMT, Dean allegedly
wrote:

The story or parts of it has appeared in "The Snowboard Journal",
"Frequency" and/or a ski magazine as well as the movie. The problem
was corruption/bribery.

Doesn't really explain things. I don't get those magazines, and I don't
have the movie. Or is there simply a segment with a voice over that says
"yeah, we had problems with corruption and bribery. Whoa!"

Old March 3rd 05, 02:43 PM
todd

Champ wrote:
Here's some photos, of variable quality. Maybe a write-up will

follow
if I get a spare hour or two:

www.champ.org.uk/boards/images/Russia%202005

....passports, fingerprints, magazine articles, photo storage, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah... how about that trip report?

the pictures are nice but don't tell the whole story. ever since i
read the article in Snowboard Journal I've been interested. although,
those copters do look a bit sketchy...

Old March 4th 05, 08:55 AM
Switters

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:43:17 GMT, "todd" allegedly
wrote:

those copters do look a bit sketchy...

There was nothing wrong with them at all. I felt safer in those than I
have in the little glass bubbles that struggle to lift 5 people.