Mr Miller

Old January 7th 06, 05:30 AM

Default Mr Miller

Did you hear Bode is going to be on 60 minutes this Sunday?

Old January 7th 06, 05:51 AM

downhill wrote:
Did you hear Bode is going to be on 60 minutes this Sunday?

Is he going to talk about the article I read in the paper today where he
thinks it's really cool to ski (and race) drunk?

Janet

Old January 7th 06, 02:28 PM

Janet wrote:

downhill wrote:

Did you hear Bode is going to be on 60 minutes this Sunday?

Is he going to talk about the article I read in the paper today where
he thinks it's really cool to ski (and race) drunk?

Janet

I think so....
What paper? Is there a url for the article?

michael

Old January 9th 06, 05:35 AM

downhill wrote:
Janet wrote:

downhill wrote:

Did you hear Bode is going to be on 60 minutes this Sunday?

Is he going to talk about the article I read in the paper today where
he thinks it's really cool to ski (and race) drunk?

Janet

I think so....
What paper? Is there a url for the article?

michael

It was in the Star-Ledger (the paper is out of Newark, NJ -
starledger.com). Unfortunately their web site is not very useful w/o a
subscription. Supposedly one can search the 14-day archive w/o a
subscription, but it doesn't find everything - I think they only really
allow a sub-set of the archive to be searched. I typed in "bode miller"
as the search and the only article that came up was something from Jan
1st about the Jets-Bills game.. go figure... If I can find the actual
newspaper article, I can quote it here. (But I think it may already have
gone with the recycling)

Janet

Old January 10th 06, 06:27 AM

downhill wrote in news:dpoiqp$hn2
@dispatch.concentric.net:

Janet wrote:

downhill wrote:

Did you hear Bode is going to be on 60 minutes this Sunday?

Is he going to talk about the article I read in the paper today where
he thinks it's really cool to ski (and race) drunk?

Janet

I think so....
What paper? Is there a url for the article?

michael

Every time he opens his mouth I lost more and more respect for him.

Old January 7th 06, 02:30 PM

Janet wrote:

downhill wrote:

Did you hear Bode is going to be on 60 minutes this Sunday?

Is he going to talk about the article I read in the paper today where
he thinks it's really cool to ski (and race) drunk?

Janet

Found the link
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...ticleid=120252

Old January 7th 06, 06:33 PM

"Janet" wrote in message
downhill wrote:
Did you hear Bode is going to be on 60 minutes this Sunday?

Is he going to talk about the article I read in the paper today
where he thinks it's really cool to ski (and race) drunk?

Janet

The snips I've read have him talking about how he's done it, not how
he "thinks it's cool".

My bet is that Bode drunk is in more control than 100% of the borders
and 80% of the skiers out there.

Old January 7th 06, 06:59 PM

pigo wrote:

"Janet" wrote in message

downhill wrote:

Did you hear Bode is going to be on 60 minutes this Sunday?

Is he going to talk about the article I read in the paper today
where he thinks it's really cool to ski (and race) drunk?

Janet

The snips I've read have him talking about how he's done it, not how
he "thinks it's cool".

My bet is that Bode drunk is in more control than 100% of the borders
and 80% of the skiers out there.

But when you are the focus of the media glare and try to exploit it for
your gain there are things as a role model for youths you do not want to
come out. May be if you write a tell all book 30 years after the fact
but it can be a sponsor & future project killer if you do it during
your prime.
I am reading the Bill Johnson book and wondering if Bode used him as a
role model?

Old January 8th 06, 01:21 AM

"downhill" wrote in message

But when you are the focus of the media glare and try to exploit it
for your gain there are things as a role model for youths you do
not want to come out. May be if you write a tell all book 30 years
after the fact but it can be a sponsor & future project killer if
you do it during your prime.

I'm not disputing that. I'm just correcting what the agenda driven
said.

As far as role models are concerned, if the parents can't teach kids
the difference, **** 'em. I think that just because he skis well he
shouldn't be able to live his own life to make up for some retards
poor parenting skills. But he also should be aware of marketing
pressures that make negatively effect him (right or wrong).

I am reading the Bill Johnson book and wondering if Bode used him
as a role model?

Bill is a cool guy. But I haven't seen him since the brain injury.

Old January 8th 06, 11:53 PM

"pigo" wrote in message
"downhill" wrote in message

[...]

Pigo, As a former teen and a current parent, I've learned that what
influences my kids from middle school on is their peers and not their
parents. We still have to teach by example, and our efforts will be
rewarded later, but it's a fact that teens buy what their peers are selling
before even considering what their parents are selling.

See my other post, if you want, where I stated emphatically, that Bode is
not responsible for anyone's behavior other than his own. It's his choice
whether to serve as a positive role model, or not.