Munich to Mayrhofen

Old September 29th 03, 08:30 AM
MarkJ

Default Munich to Mayrhofen

I'm taking a trip to Mayrhofen on Jan 3rd and am finding trying to organise
transfers between Munich and Mayrhofen a nightmare. Does anyone have any
tips on what to do for tranfers? I was looking at taking the train but I've
been told it's an arse to do as you have to take 2 trains to get there. I
was also looking at possibly hiring a car but they're asking £300 for 2
weeks!

Thanks in advance.

MM.

Old September 29th 03, 11:04 AM
Florian Anwander

Hi Mark =

tips on what to do for tranfers? I was looking at taking the train but =

I've
been told it's an arse to do as you have to take 2 trains to get there.=

=

This are three trains; I checked the timetables: =

1.) suburban train from airport to the railway station "munich east"
(M=FCnchen Ost), it runs every 20 minutes, takes 30 minutes)
2.) Intercity from Munich to Jenbach (runs every 2 hours, takes 1:20)
3.) narrow gauge train (suburban like) from Jenbach to Mayrhofen (do not
know how often, takes assumingly 45 minutes =

was also looking at possibly hiring a car but they're asking =A3300 for=

2
weeks!

That is usual, but it is senseless, since you do not need a car in
Mayrhofen; there is a quite good skibus system in the complete valley.

You may ask at your hotel, whether they have a pickup service between
Munich-Airport and Mayrhofen. Perhaps also the tourist office in Mayrhofe=
can tell you who offers something like that. I know they exist, because
they always slow my car trip to Mayrhofen on the Achenseepass road... ;-)=

Florian
Old September 29th 03, 05:13 PM
Owen

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:30:25 +0100, "MarkJ" wrote:

I'm taking a trip to Mayrhofen on Jan 3rd and am finding trying to organise
transfers between Munich and Mayrhofen a nightmare. Does anyone have any
tips on what to do for tranfers? I was looking at taking the train but I've
been told it's an arse to do as you have to take 2 trains to get there. I
was also looking at possibly hiring a car but they're asking £300 for 2
weeks!

Thanks in advance.

MM.

Hi,

Four Seasons Travel run a transfer service from Munich Aiport to
Mayrhofen. Their web site is www.airport-transfer.com. I think the
cost is about €60 one-way and €110 return.

Used them a few times and find them quite reliable.

Hope this helps,

Owen.
Old October 3rd 03, 11:13 AM
Steve

"Owen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:30:25 +0100, "MarkJ" wrote:

I'm taking a trip to Mayrhofen on Jan 3rd and am finding trying to

organise
transfers between Munich and Mayrhofen a nightmare. Does anyone have any
tips on what to do for tranfers? I was looking at taking the train but

I've
been told it's an arse to do as you have to take 2 trains to get there. I
was also looking at possibly hiring a car but they're asking £300 for 2
weeks!

Thanks in advance.

MM.

Hi,

Four Seasons Travel run a transfer service from Munich Aiport to
Mayrhofen. Their web site is www.airport-transfer.com. I think the
cost is about ?60 one-way and ?110 return.

Used them a few times and find them quite reliable.

Do be aware though that you may well have to wait for people on other
flights and drop off along the way. Another similar option would be Connect:

http://www.tirolconnect.com/home/homeE/homeE.htm

You could also get in touch with Christophorus Reisen, the local Mayrhofen
bus company, to see if they have anything out that way at the time you are
arriving. Unfortunately their website is fairly worthless at the moment.

--
Steve
http://www.skiseefeld.com/