Season Pass Insurance

Old December 9th 04, 08:32 PM
SkierGuard

Default Season Pass Insurance

Most season passes are a use-it-or-lose-it proposition. Skiers and
riders who buy season passes can insure them online.

The following coverage is provided:
- Loss of Pass Use ...................... up to Pass Price
- Emergency Evacuation .................. up to $15,000
- Accidental Death/Dismeberment ......... up to $10,000

Cost is 6% of your pass price. Complete provisions and online
enrollment at www.skierguard.com

For more info, call 800/ 624-0039

enrollment at www.skierguard.com

For more info, call 800/ 624-0039

Yup, in future I'll buy all my insurance from random NG posters.

Thanks, 'SkierGuard'

DB

enrollment at www.skierguard.com

The policy is voided if you go in the park, pipe, race, train to race, and
several other things that would void it for a large percentage of riders.
And I didn't even get to the fine print!

Mike T

enrollment at www.skierguard.com

The policy is voided if you go in the park, pipe, race, train to race, and
several other things that would void it for a large percentage of riders.
And I didn't even get to the fine print!

Mike T

I have to ask this, so bear with me. How exactly would they know if you
went in the park or pipe? I can understand how to look up race scores
and such to see if a person participated, but unless someone is
following you all day, I can't imagine how they'd know. Perhaps, if
your pass is for a resort (whatever) that has a park or pipe they would
automatically assume that you participated in those and immediately void
it anyways on that assumption. Obviously, I don't know for sure, but I
really don't trust any insurance company...

Rick
Old December 11th 04, 11:18 PM
Mike T

I have to ask this, so bear with me. How exactly would they know if you
went in the park or pipe?

I'd have to check back but I think they require a ski patrol report in order
to file a claim. So if you hurt yourself in the park or pipe, guess what?

Now, if you hurt yourself cruising the groomers, I can't see how they would
know you;re in the pipe. But realistically, where do most snowboarding
injuries happen these days?

Old December 13th 04, 07:27 AM
id

Rick Wilson wrote:

I have to ask this, so bear with me. How exactly would they know if you
went in the park or pipe?

This has it's equivalent in race track days: there's a strange cluster
of car accidents just outside race tracks where smashed cars have been
pushed out onto the road to get back in the insurance cover zone. You
can imagine the scene in the terrain park where someone with broken leg
and blood running down his face drags himself through the trees to the
nearest trail; and the words on his lips? "Don't call ski patrol, gotta
save my pass"....

Iain
Old December 14th 04, 10:17 PM

The bigger problem with the pass insurance part is the cost vs the
possible benefit. For a $350 season pass, the cost of insurance is
$25. Then to recover anything, you have to be unable to ride for 30
days, plus you need a doctors letter stating that you will be unable to
ride for the remainder of the season. And then, the amount you receive
is pro-rated, so if you become disabled in Feb, you're may only get
$100 back, if that. Then factor in all the paper work to try to get a
small amount.

Then you have the death benefit part, which is really stupid. If you
need life insurance, then you need it regardless of how you die. Are
your dependents supposed to be OK and not need the insurance if you
died choking on a fish bone instead of in a sporting accident?
IMO, this insurance is just a bad deal, no matter how you look at it.