MOVING TO JACKSON HOLE

Old August 28th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default MOVING TO JACKSON HOLE

it's time to live out a dream and take a break from being a software
developer. i'm moving to Jackson Hole in November for the ski
season. my plan is to ski every possible day and work in the late-
afternoon or night time.

since i'm about to buy a JH season pass, i want your opinion on
whether or not buying one is a good idea. from what i've heard,
discounted or free season passes are common when you're hooked into
the social/work network of a ski town. is this true? is it possible
to get a season pass cheaper? if so, how?

also, i'm looking for website and/or software development projects in
and around Jackson. what's the best way to find this kind of work?
if you have any leads, please email me at . thanks
in advance.

with moving out in early november, what can i expect of the housing
market? will it be hard to find a decent place to rent? i've done
with my days of living in sh!tty places with 6+ people...

thanks for the help.
john

Old August 28th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Aug 28, 11:47 am, "
wrote:
it's time to live out a dream and take a break from being a software
developer. i'm moving to Jackson Hole in November for the ski
season. my plan is to ski every possible day and work in the late-
afternoon or night time.

since i'm about to buy a JH season pass, i want your opinion on
whether or not buying one is a good idea. from what i've heard,
discounted or free season passes are common when you're hooked into
the social/work network of a ski town. is this true? is it possible
to get a season pass cheaper? if so, how?

Why not work FOR JH. Free pass for sure. Plus, that'll get ya hooked
into the scene real quick.
--
Marty

Old August 28th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

i don't want to work for JH because i imagine it'll be hard to get the
hours that i want iff to ski. plus, i feel that i can get payed
better and work less by designing and developing out websites and
software applications.

Old August 28th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
hr(bob) [email protected]

On Aug 28, 1:51 pm, "
wrote:
i don't want to work for JH because i imagine it'll be hard to get the
hours that i want iff to ski. plus, i feel that i can get payed
better and work less by designing and developing out websites and
software applications.

On Aug 28, 11:12 am, Marty wrote:

On Aug 28, 11:47 am, "
wrote:

it's time to live out a dream and take a break from being a software
developer. i'm moving to Jackson Hole in November for the ski
season. my plan is to ski every possible day and work in the late-
afternoon or night time.

since i'm about to buy a JH season pass, i want your opinion on
whether or not buying one is a good idea. from what i've heard,
discounted or free season passes are common when you're hooked into
the social/work network of a ski town. is this true? is it possible
to get a season pass cheaper? if so, how?

Why not work FOR JH. Free pass for sure. Plus, that'll get ya hooked
into the scene real quick.
--
Marty- Hide quoted text -

I hope your websites have better spelling and capitalization than what
you are posting here!!! You never know who may be reading your
postings.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Old August 29th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mighty Chris

Heh, NO REASON to work at a ski resort if you don't have to. The only
exception in my opinion would be part time in a bar. Then you'd meet
everybody.

The two full seasons I spent skiing I just saved enough money to not
have to work. This way you are available to ski with anybody anytime
and you never miss anything on the hill. Since you know web stuff, you
should offer to make a couple simple websites for some pro skier dudes
in JH in exchange for letting you see the area with them. Would be
easy as heck for you, and then you'd have your in.

Cool--- good for you. Have a blast!

Chris

Old August 29th 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

It's likely to be be brutal, depending on where you're moving from. All
I can say is that JH is one of the most expensive markets in the US.
When we want to fell better about the housing costs in my town, we say
"At least we aren't in JH."

Bob

hey bob,

thanks for the advice. by coming from San Francisco, i can't imagine
much worse. it'll be cheaper than what i'm used to here.

thanks again,
john

Old August 30th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

wrote:

thanks for the advice. by coming from San Francisco, i can't imagine
much worse. it'll be cheaper than what i'm used to here.

Imagine Mt. Tam under 20' of snow with thousands of Mexiacan Nationals
living like hamsters in anything with 2 bedrooms. Then add a sprinkling of
starter castles in the 15 to 35 range, (million). The Hirschfield's
solution to the housing shortage is commute. Google that action.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old August 30th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Aug 29, 7:38 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

...Then add a sprinkling of
starter castles in the 15 to 35 range, (million)...

Wow. That's disgusting.

Jackson Hole Ernie Alpine Skiing 1 April 5th 07 01:29 AM
MOVING TO JACKSON HOLE [email protected] Alpine Skiing 3 March 26th 07 05:29 AM
MOVING TO JACKSON HOLE [email protected] North American Ski Resorts 0 March 25th 07 06:08 PM
Jackson Hole...here WE come slownlow North American Ski Resorts 2 January 20th 05 10:10 PM
Jackson Hole Sam North American Ski Resorts 2 November 21st 04 11:04 AM